Post Apocalyptic TV Shows

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by ukpreppergurl, Jun 5, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ukpreppergurl

ukpreppergurl Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Do you watch any post-apocalyptic tv series? I am addicted to Walking Dead (as I suspect a lot of others are!) and am eagerly awaiting its return in October. It's the only show of this nature I've ever been able to stick with. I love how the characters have evolved and, while it's pretty dark sometimes, I think it shows pretty well how far people have to go to in order to survive in such a world and how their moral compass can become eroded over time, simply because of the situation they find themselves in.

2. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I really enjoy watching post-apocalyptic tv series. I have been watching The Walking Dead for a while, but I think I am going to go back and watch it from the start so I will know the context better. I happen to like post-apocalyptic movies even better that tv series though. The Book of Eli was by far my favorite!

3. ukpreppergurl

ukpreppergurl Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I like the movies too. I really enjoyed 2012. Book of Eli is a very good movie, too

4. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    I've watched a number of post apocalyptic shows:

The 100: shows how the need to survive can transform people into monsters.

Last Ship: offers some hope that humans can survive anything as long as there are people who are willing to keep fighting.

Revolution: I didn't quite get what it was about.

I think there's a thing or two people can learn about survival from these shows.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    these tv shows are nothing more than entertainment for the masses, they are based on fantasy and contain nothing we can learn from in a real apocalyptical event.
    do not base your survival on a tv show, research for yourself, that's the only way.