Potus Declares National Emergency Re Grid Aspects

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have been saying something similar about the UK power system for years, the UK power grid is mostly run by EDF a French state owned company with some Chinese investors.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Praevians

Praevians New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    "The bulk-power system is a target of those seeking to commit malicious acts against the United States and its people, including malicious cyber activities ..."
    a. late in the game. Why wasn't done years ago?
    b. what would be the point in making public that you now secure it? Just do it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Strep in the right direction, but the hardening of the electrical grid from a CME or EMP is also vitally important.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

Nothing is done without approval, etc. In this case by executive order.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Praevians,

In reply to "b."; Because an election is in 6 months.

In reply to "a."; US critical infrastructure grid had been hardened for years now. The above declaration by Trump is for the basic grid.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  7. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

Pragmatist,

I've noticed across this state of Virginia...in certain areas there have been put up ….huge..and I mean huge solar panel farms....and this is not a penny ante project..but involving millions and millions of dollars..in monies and thus planning.
    You can see some of them from Google Earth.

And I am told that there are several of them in this state. This is all new information to me in the last year....I was totally unaware of it.

I am wondering if this has also been done in other states as well....as part of a bigger plan.. in self sufficiency and or Emergency back up???

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Watcherchris,

I believe both.

Dominion Energy is a lead organization in the solar panels and also the offshore windmills.

Not familiar with the other states other than to say the SSBN support systems here get priority in the national scheme.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  9. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Pragmatist...I did not know that information about Dominion Energy.

Watcherchris,
    NOt an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      125/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't know about electricity or electronics but just seems that both solar and wind farms would be highly susceptible to CME or EMP events....or is that just a false assumption?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon BSHJ,

Ditto here; I don't know electric / electronics.

I've got some basics on Cold War warfare and am comfortable saying you're right re EMT events.

Yet, this, in practical terms, means a nuclear attack. No terrorist org can do this; only a couple of Great Powers.

Solar and offshore wind farms are an extra layer of power. If they last X amount of extra time, this saves the time the real hardened grid for the critical infrastructure needs to be activated.

For Navy Norfolk, funding is available. Once "perfected", the technology can be deployed elsewhere.

I'm less worried about nuclear warfare than my worries about some Governors.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    My understanding is that there is little to nothing they can do to secure or harden the whole grid. That it is simply too prehistoric. But they can (with a massive amount of money) "Mitigate" the cascade effect, with improved gates and switches. And while clearly not perfect, it could help limit or capture the destruction.

The CME is easy because you have roughly 36 hours warning. To me mitigating the hacking of the grid (covertly) would be a 26 hour a day laborious endeavor.

Here is a somewhat related thing to think about. We hear talk of rebellion or revolution, but if that starts in one area, all they have to do is shut down the power in that area, and many will rat out all the perpetrators.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    TMT Tactical and Alaskajohn like this.
  13. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      125/173

Blog Posts:
    [QUOTE="I'm less worried about nuclear warfare than my worries about some Governors.[/QUOTE]

Boy you hit the nail on the head with that line.......I couldn't agree more and have to admit, I want to 'steal' that line and repeat it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Hydroelectric power adds something to the grid. It helps. It is however tragically insufficient. Same with solar and wind power generation. To say that they are inadequate is the understatement of the century.

The amount of energy we use weekly in the USA is the equivalent of multiple nuclear bombs going off. We literally burn mountains-worth of coal. Every day, hundreds of coal trains each a mile long deliver their mind-numbingly massive loads to power plants. We have 9700+ coal-fired power plants here in America. Many facilities are switching to the cleaner natural gas. Hurrah! Much cleaner that. However, using natural gas is also the burning of fossil fuels.

It hurts to say this, but France went smart. France has gone nuclear. To go nuclear is the ONLY option for the U.S..

As to an executive order mandating that power grid infrastructure be hardened against computer hacking, it is high time that we do so. Chinese engineering students return to their countries to provide information to their communist military as to America's infrastructure vulnerabilities. American Universities know that they are aiding and abetting our enemies, but that is just fine with the collectivists who run these schools. Given today's actions of university professors and members of university administration proves that the infamous legacy of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg stands unabated. Witness treason in its most vile form.

upload_2020-5-3_14-40-30.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    There is a large and significant problem in America with commercial nuclear power plants...

And No one is talking about it and I don't believe someone wants people to know...it is there.

That problem is the in site water pool accumulation of spent nuclear fuel rods at many commercial electricity generating plants.

This appears to be a rule or law prohibiting the recycling or moving of many of these fuel rods and they sit in large pools for years and years...when they should be transported to a facility which can properly dispose of them as do the French.

These pools containing these spent fuel rods are an accident or terrorist incident waiting to happen....but some brain years ago mandated that they stay there so long before being moved.
    There are containers specially designed to move and or transport such spent fuel rods across country....I have seen them.

These pools need to be emptied of olde spent fuel rods...in commercial electricity generating nuclear power plants..

Ishmaelites run wild...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

16. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    You can recycle the spent fuel as what France does. But it's very costly to do so. The most geologically studied mountain in the world in Nevada called Yucca mountain is where this stuff was supposed to go, but Nevada has a 'not in my backyard' mentality. Yes, I have seen these large boob-like looking casks that are for the nuclear storage. When I was a fire fighter explorer I witnessed a drill if one were to leak, etc. Very unlikely though. I heard these things were meant to withstand a train hitting them, etc.

Also, because of a few nuclear incidents politicians and wary of building a nuclear power plant. Plus there's an awful lot of red tape and the cost is enormous. Though, I've read that third generation nuke plants are much safer.

17. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning F22,

Is the entire life cycle of commercial nuclear fuel more than the entire life cycle of the fossil fuels ? This is the required comparison.

South of me, at Hampton Roads, there is the greatest concentration of nuclear reactors: the USN vessels. So far, the biggest health hazard is vehicle mishaps on the roads.

A favorite bumper sticker of mine: "More People Died In Ted Kennedy's Car Than At Three Mile Island".