Potus Declares National Emergency Re Grid Aspects

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This is not caused by a changed weather patern. It was caused by the jet stream which normally circles the north pole suddenly went wandering and dropped all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. It then turned north-east and swept the cold and wet up into the north east giving them hell. If this stayed this way it would have world wide repercussions. It would probably end up diverting or at the very least cooling the warm gulf stream that keeps Great Britain from having the cold weather more similar to Norway and Sweden.

We are normally very warm here, even in the winter, in part because of the gulf-stream bringing warmth up from the equatorial regions. This shift is extremely ill balanced. It just sort of dropped a loop down on us that normally in in north Canada. If this happened for too long it might mean a catastrophic collapse of the jets stream and wild changes for places that depend on that to keep the polar cold locked up in the arctic.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the jet stream quite often decides to go south or east instead of to the north of the British Isles, if it goes south it usually brings rain but if it goes east it brings cold weather from Siberia or in extreme cases from the Polar regions.

3. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Yup, the jetstream has always been erratic. It normally means that the UK is a bit warmer than mainland Europe but usually wetter as all that warm air picks up moisture from the Atlantic.

4. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    By Texdanm,

I think you are correct on this one Texdanm. This does not happen often but it does happen. And it seems to happen infrequent sufficient that many but the most experienced forget about how bad mother nature can be.

I think sometimes these weather events would be referred to as "Alberta Clippers".....and they bring extreme cold down into the lower 48 via the jet stream.

Fortunately they do not last too long as is the case up north....but long enough to catch many totally unprepared.

Those olde enough sufficient to know and prepare do not get all excited.

During Hurricane Isabelle and the 10 day aftermath...the people staying with me were glad I had a generator for what power I did have while most out here were without. Today many more people are of some level of prepper mindset and have generators than in days past..

Those of us who know and have had experience working with Mother Nature tend not to take her for granted...for we know she can be a cruel cruel mistress. Having the right equipment...including and especially clothing.....is a big plus....

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It has been wildly cold and snowey in South East Texas. It has been a mess and quite an experience for people that consider 40 cold and 30 to be freaking FREEZING. We have not had snow where I live but once in the last ten years until this year and now it seems to be a regular thing. Three days with the temperature below freezing and with no power is a challenge. I was fine but there were people that had to leave their homes for shelters. The pipes are thawing now and it is going to be several weeks before everyone has power AND water in their homes.

These cold days are NOT the beginning of an ice age they were just very cold weather. It is good for everyone to get their lives shook up ocassionally. I know one thing you can’t buy a propane camping heater anywhere right now so maybe some of the fools learned something.