Practice In Bad Weather

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Bishop, Jun 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:

If you practice in all kinds of weather when you may have to hunt in the weather you will do ok.

Old Geezer and Keith H. like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Agreed. I think this should be applied to many other skills as well, especially fire lighting.
    Keith.

Old Geezer likes this.
  3. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes you are right

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Practice all skills in all weather thinking i can do this and doing it are worlds apart city people urban people that have never camped hunted fished watching a video and doing it for real are harder than any video ever shows 1

Old Geezer likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Everyone whose lived a while and who has paid attention to the Universe knows that, "If things can go wrong, they will."

Too, there's the benefits. After / during a rain, the leaves are wet and thus do not crunch. That which you are hunting cannot hear you so well. Weather can conceal -- during the battle of Austerlitz, Napoleon ordered his general St. Hilaire to attack the Pratzen Heights. St. Hilaire's men came up out of a fog and on their second assault they routed the Russians & Austrian combined forces. The defenders of the heights couldn't believe the sight of the French enemy coming up out of that soup. OK, so the French took nasty losses, however it could have been / would have been suicide without the fog.

If the weather is really, really bad, then your enemy's higher altitude flares can't light you up so well.

Free float barrels over wooden stocks or use man-made material stocks when the weapon is going to stay soaking wet. Wood expands and if it is right up against the barrel, this can make your sight-in worthless.

Side note: Store flares. Obviously, they're a must-have for emergency purposes, especially when boating. However, nowadays battles are often fought at night and this with night-vision equipment. Deny your enemy the concealment of night by sending up flares above them. Never back-light yourself. Always back-light the enemy. When the SHTF, looters will attempt to own the night. Don't let them.

6. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Nasty weather shoot.
    Good idea.
    I once went deer hunting at -10 F.
    Never again.
    Just a tad too cold to suit me.

7. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    I hunt all over some hot weather some cold it really don't matter I like to hunt

jeager likes this.
  8. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Snowflakes won't understand.
    I love to hunt and eat about everything I bag.
    Same with fishing.