Prep For Ptsd

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Pragmatist, Feb 14, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-02-early-treatment-ptsd-disaster-effects.html

Good afternoon all,

Mental preparation inherently means plans to address PTSD. It could be plans to address it alone. That's a reason I carry a very small (ultra small series from Barnes and Noble) book on the works of Edgar Allen Poe. Other methods are to institutionalize "talking therapy" within your group. Several books are available for no-cost from the Feds. The formal method is dealing with a trained person. This will not occur in my environment under all the scenarios we've thought about.

Above article is a "perfect example" of a control group study on PTSD after the Armenia earthquake a couple of decades ago.

Note the link's " People who experienced strong social support were less likely to develop PTSD and depression.

At article is a sidebar with an article titled "WWI helmet protects against shock waves just as well as modern designs". Medical studies not needed; just ask anyone ! Were shock waves / vibrations even considered in the "modern designs" ?

Justin Baker and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Cover all your bases in your preps. This includes body AND mind. Thank you for posting!

3. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Cover all your bases in your preps. This includes body AND mind. Thank you for posting!

4. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    During WWII on the European continent, hospitals would sometimes be abandoned by physicians, nurses, and staff due to the combat front lines moving into their area. Psych patients were often left to care for themselves. One would imagine that they would not be able to do so. Not true. Seems people with catatonia would begin doing the dishes; screaming hallucinating psychotics would begin doing the sweeping & bathroom cleaning; on and on ... .

Me, I've had to deal with unbearable losses; things, if divided among three men, would give them all a nervous breakdown. I just stand up in the morning, slowly stand up actually, put one foot in front of the other and go on. I have no other choice. I have others to take care of. I am a procrastinator. I put off my public collapse. I sometimes collapse when alone. I keep it to myself.

People are more resilient than they know.

Justin Baker likes this.
  6. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the war Old Geezer...Welcome to the war...

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Stress is anything that causes you to change out of your normal routine. You fight it by returning to your comfort zone as fast and as often as possible. At times it may be the little things that can allow you a moment of escape. A picture of your loved ones can take you home in your memories. A song that reminds you of better times. A book, deck of cards and 6 dice go in every kit. I used to carry a harmonica but gave it up. I have no musical instrumental talent. The only thing that I can play is a radio...I usually have one of those in my kits too.

Richard Earley likes this.