Prep Locker At Work....mostly Foodstuffs.

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by watcherchris, Apr 7, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Took scooter to and fro work tonight. Was cold coming home..damp. Glad to get my hands wrapped around a hot cup of coffee....and some chili too.

AT work I have obtained several lockers over the years...one of them has in it my shortwave set...spare batteries and also my Amateur Radio Walkie talkie both of which I did operational checks on them by tuning in to receive certain broadcasts tonight.

But in the back of my mind I have been getting a warning flag. Hope it turns out to be nothing but history will play this out as to Truth.

Now another locker contains food stuffs and baby wipes...some other gear...I've had this locker for years now..

It is the food stuffs which concerns me...and gave me warning tonight. I have decided to update the food stuffs there and bring in more....slowly.

Something is telling me ...to restock this particular locker between now and the Election. Mind you now...one of the prime reasons I keep it is should I have to ride out a Hurricane at work.,..essential personnel and that sort of thing...

Between now, with this virus business, and the coming election....something is telling me to restock and enhance the preps in this locker.

I discretely mentioned this to a few I know at work with a prepper mindset....that they might want to consider the same between now and the election...

I did not mention it to the Kardashian types...I want them to know nothing of my preps.

Also of concern to me is that as this virus lockdown continues ...I expect it might become dangerous to go to the grocery stores...to even get supplies with which to stock up.

I share these thoughts with the members here for their consideration should they have such facilities where they work.
    It is your time and your monies..

My sometimes rabid non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Caribou likes this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    This is why we prep......though at times it may seem crazy.

I am enhancing my stores at work.....building up my Bank.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Caribou likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Watcherchris,

I also view the election ... actually the day after ... as the actual end date of the lockdown.

The official Federal end date is 30 April. The official Virginia end date is 10 June.

Because of the Sunday news articles "recommending" all going out to stores to wear some sort of face covering, I could sense the tensions going on in the grocery store. Elevated tensions can be a lethal threat. Our area is not Camelot.

My margin of safety is - relatively speaking - the approach of a hurricane.

After the black on red flags go up, the roads are dangerous just to get to Walmart.

If/when there is a panic here, ... we are just not set up for this.

Caribou likes this.
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Pragmatist...

Well said......well said!!!

Oh...and I have made a decision with a view to those very "Tensions" to try avoiding the going to Wal Mart for anything....,if it can be helped. I am now shopping elsewhere.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Caribou likes this.
  5. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    My dad was in Walmart a few days ago and he said there was hardly anything on the shelves. I have a friend that lives in Alaska and he said in his neck of the woods (literally) there was no meat to be had. So he was researching on the Internet how to prepare squirrel.

So far here there's been some meat and deli meats. But that could change and would suck because I love my sandwiches.

Caribou likes this.
  6. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Brought some items to work yesterday to augment those already in my locker...

Two cans of Spam Meat.

A can of chicken

A can of chicken with rice soup.

A can of Chili.

Bringing a second bag of goods today.

Still need to locate the Sterno fuel. Trying to stay out of Wal Mart stores.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Caribou likes this.
  7. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Third load going to work with me today.....

Planning trips to the store to get more canned goods...even some dried fruit and nuts...

Will need to get this locker more organized...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    F22, I don't know where your friend lives but in my neighbourhood meat is available. Like everything else you may not have a large selection.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Avoided Wal Mart and instead stopped by a local hardware store and picked up two 2 packs of Sterno canned fuel and will be taking it to work and replacing existing stocks which have been there in that locker for over 5 years now. Should have replaced them some time back.

This is for should the electricity go out and the microwaves not be usable. Have a small fold up sterno stove at work and several here at home as well.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've a rather extensive food stash at work. A fine cabinet wooden drawer (would hold two metal file cabinet drawers' worth of space) I have filled in my office with pantry items.

Coworkers have laughed at my lardering of canned goods and rice (plus my Southern drawl when it reappears on occasion). One wonders if they'll continue to do so having now waltzed with the Covid-19 panic.

Oh, an aside; if one witnesses a well-ordered / non-messy office, one is witnessing the environs of a practiced non-worker. Just saying.

Open tins of baked beans have been routinely discovered in my office (man-cave) as have tins of kippered herring open to the elements empty. The aroma no doubt wafts about the place with the authority of an olfactory ball-peen hammer.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020