Preparing To Sddress Fear; Phobias

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Pragmatist, Oct 10, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.reviewatlas.com/opinion/20201010/judy-guenseth-survival-mode-freeze-flight-or-fight

Good morning all,

It's a good essay / article re parparing to address fear in current times.

Author leads off with FDR's famous statement on fear.

Do reflect on "fear" and the "phobias".

My cultural background is somewhat different than discribed re the mouse example. I add a fear aspect if seeing a mouse in the shack. The fear is the spread of germs/disease by Mickey or Minnie until I arrange for birds' buffet dining. Other related "fear" is financial. I use a Prepper philosophy of realistic, worst-case scenerios and a mouse can be a financial burden just to get rid of the creature.

Ref - anxiety - "in the midst of disaster";

I always deal in lower / lowest common denominators. I expect there will be no electricity. I expect that there will be no safe travel by vehicle even presuming vehicle can get to public road. I expect no personal safety unless relying on pre-arranged programs.

Convert the disaster into something than be be approached by efforts. The worst disaster is not being prepared.

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont think I've got any phobias, I dont like spiders but I'm not afraid of them I just dont like them.
    as for fear, I dont think I've ever been fearful, life is just a set of problems to be sorted.
    I have lived off grid so living without electric and cooking without power is not a problem for me, although I imagine it will be for the majority of the UK population, those that know no different.

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    for whatever reason in the last 2 years or so i have developed a mild case of claustrophobia don't know why but there it is...

i also hate being surprised/caught off guard...which as a prepper totally wears me out trying to think of all contingencnies...

spiders, bees and snake give me the willies so i go after them with a vengence unknown to mankind...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    wife gets a touch of "cabin fever" if she hasnt been able to go out for awhile, she is more social than I am, dosent bother me if I havent been outside for weeks, the lock down here didnt cause me any problem at all.
    as for being surprised, having lived in a city I have always practiced Situational Awareness and still do even though I now live in a rural area.

TMT Tactical likes this.