Prepper Movies?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by John Snort, Jul 1, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    I've actually not seen a prepper movie unless dystopian movies are classed as such.

Apparently though there are some prepping bloggers who believe that there's much people who are new to prepping can learn from "prepper movies" which if I must be honest, I've never watched.

What do you think, do prepper movies have anything a prepper could find useful?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    not in the sense of a movie, no, they are just entertainment, I mean what does a holywood director know about prepping? nothing.
    on the other hand, there are many useful videos on youtube on the subject, southernprepper1 and thepatriotnurse being the best in my opinion.

Prairie Dog and John Snort like this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have to admit that I do like watching Post shtf movies. Can't say as though I have ever learned anything from them, but they are a good source of info for what NOT TO DO!
    Keith.

Prairie Dog and MKprepper like this.
  4. MKprepper

MKprepper Expert Member
      168/173

Blog Posts:
    try the movie The Survivalist. its set in scotland has no zombies or mad max guff and its not hollywood atall, has a pretty interesting story to it and the main character shows a few tricks whilst going about his everday survival.
    oh and the movie Numb is good but is set in Alaska and has Hollywood written all over it :( but still a good movie.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Badrock76

Badrock76 New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    10 Cloverfield ln. not really a prepper movie but filmed in a prepper bunker

6. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    The book of Eli was entertaining... Don't know if that counts.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't think they are "useful" beyond entertainment. Any reality to the movie would be quickly forgotten in the flash of special effects and story telling imo. There are a great deal more useful ways to learn the skills you will need, and if a couch is part of your requirements for that, I got some real bad news for ya. Watchin aint learnin!
    Prairie Dog

Keith H. likes this.