"preppers Now Mainstream

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Feb 19, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunate, but the Corona virus is just the latest fad. Not that it shouldn't be taken seriously. That is not my intent. It is just the next thing that has people's attention, and gets them prepping. We went a long way from the Cold War to Y2K to the Mayan Apocalypse. Always a pending crisis you had to prepare for. When 2012 came and went Prepping wasn't cool anymore. I would bet there are still BOB's sitting in closets that haven't been touched or thought of since. When the crisis for the virus has passed, people will go back to their same complacent lives. Prepping won't even be an afterthought.

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have always heard that you can't fix stupid but I disagree. the CURE for stupidity is hard times where the stupid DIE. We are nearing the end of a long spell of easy life where there has been no penalty for being stupid and they have bred like rats. We as a species have become a field almost smothered with weeds. Since we are too stupid to care for the health of our own species I suspect that Mother Earth will help us out pretty soon. We are way past due for a pruning and weeding.

Sourdough, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:

I'm not looking to hurt anybody. I'm just saying remove all the warning labels, and let Nature take its course. Just Sayin'.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    unfortunately self reliance has become a dirty word and stupidity is rife.
    most people would be unable to look after them selves in a crisis, the recent panic buying of toilet rolls just goes to show how stupid the general public is.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  6. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    That is lame compare to my kit. My kit include a low-end 14" laptop and it charger, along with 3 smartphone. And my expedition setup even far more elaborate, it include VSAT set, 1800W Honda generator, MURS for inter team, maritime radio, and air band radio, along with logistic support team detachment, also may also include data capture team with their High Capacity Industrial Grade Murderous Drone (it guarantee to kill a person if it drop on someone head from over 5000+ ft altitude)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    and presumably a big truck to haul it all away in?
    that's the trouble, most people end up with too much gear in a heavy pack they could never even lift never mind carry.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The "warning" labels have become nothing more than a legal defense against litigation. You can't buy much of anything these days that don't have a warning that is has something in it, on it, or was touched by something that was determined by the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects. I bought a tool not long ago. The owner manual was about 30 pages but only two were about how to operate it and two were a parts diagram and parts numbers. The other 26 pages were mostly warning and safety instructions. A lot of those warnings were like the one that comes with an iron warning you not to iron your clothes while wearing them. They might as well do away with the warnings, nobody ever reads them and most of the warnings are stupid needless legal jabber.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    I thought YOU were supposed to scout ahead while those in the family bring up the rear....and the pack.....you know, leaving you nimble and such

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    That what logistic support for

86a234499976c2c82270c5bc6881fc16.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Being a prepper isn't something that you suddenly do when there is a situation and then forget about it until the next situation. That is like thinking that buying a baseball makes you a baseball player. Being a real survivalist/prepper is a lifestyle not a fad.

Rebecca, lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its not only a lifestyle its also a state of mind, its what sets us apart from the common herd.

Rebecca likes this.