Preppers Should Consider A Hard Hat / Helmet

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by Pragmatist, Oct 16, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a28088179/army-helmet/

Good afternoon all,

I'm a firm believer that one's hat in emergency mode should be a hard hat of some sort.

Above article gives some history to the US Army's helmet and more current stuff.

I wonder if the pictured Advanced Combat Helmet protects the neck. VA reports show an increase in neck wounds and this involves that spinal section.

Not familiar with M1 helmet's brim keeping rain off the wearer's face. Prefer others comment on this. I have biases.

Adjust the webbing for the gas mask. Check adjustment by running. Surprise !

That IHPS motorcycle helmet ... Can it be made with nech protection ?

In eary 2021, reports say civilian firefighters will see on market a 3A helmet. Definitely needed by them nowadays.

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    If ballistic protection isn't an issue, why not just using bump helmet. Plenty of mounting points on bump helmet just like any ballistic helmet

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

In the mid-Atlantic area I'm at, ballestic protection is indeed an issue.

Here, some parents send their kids to school with a 3A plate in their bookbags.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    got a SWAT type helmet but dont see me using it much if at all.
    I'm in the middle of the English countryside and one good winter storm post SHTF will see us cut off from the rest of the country, it happens regularly anyway even in the here and now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Apart from the PPE that I use for forestry work I also wear a bump cap. It looks like any other unbranded baseball cap but it has hard plastic panels in the crown to stop you hurting yourself. I also wear polycarbonate eye protection (sunglasses or shooting glasses) while I'm out in the woods.

TMT Tactical likes this.