Preppers, Survivalists Not Mocked As Much W/ Lockdown

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Apr 30, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.theguardian.com/global/2020/apr/30/preppers-survivalists-disasters-lessons

Good morning all,

Per ...

Responders and the rest are frequently overwhelmed in conditions less than disasters.

I am both a Libertarian and a Prepper.

Mainstream society contains more racists than small demographic groups like Preppers.

Mainstream society has more anti-social segments than small specific groups like Survivalists. An example of large anti-social segments is college/universities faculties.

The Boy Scout HANDbook and many US Army survival manuals applicable to Brooklyn. The shore of Sheepshead Bay has a complexion like areas of San Francisco Bay. Much to prepare for.

The US Army manual, FM 31-50, Combat In Fortified And Built-Up Areas, studied for 1960s era riot control.

The BEST survival manual for Brooklyn and the other boros is a road map to get out of the place. Otherwise, boat from Sheepshead Bay to Virginia's eastern shore and the North Carolina Outer Banks. Then head inland by pod.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would consider this grudging respect at best. The author isn't convinced if his preps consist of Hungry Man and a liter of bourbon. A liter of bourbon? Are you kidding me? That would be gone in one happy hour.

Pragmatist: I too would consider myself a Libertarian and a Prepper. I don't think we have cornered the market on racism.

"Covid-19 has laid bare the pathetic inadequacy of the US social safety net, our lack of investment in the common good, and our government’s short attention span for preparing for crises that don’t involve terrorism or war."

Are you surprised? This goes right to the heart of what we have known for years. YOYO!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've been called paranoid on many forums, even prepping ones.
    I bet they aren't laughing now.

4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Morgan,

Great to read that you're a Libertarian.

ROFL: a liter of bourbon might finish a happy hour !

I think Trump has forced the issue; the public sector pay raises and COLAs are out. Crisis infrastructure and their support systems are in.

5. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well, this guy was all over the map. Did he decide if he liked prepping or not? What is a right-wing survivalist?

Dale

Richard Earley and Morgan101 like this.
  6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    My response is always the same. You are not being paranoid. You are being practical. Point out the morons you see on the news. You want to be one of those? I don't. That's why I prep.

7. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I could care less what others think of my prepping...I am driving this bus...if others don't like it they can get off...

If I cared what others think I would not be riding my scooter to work. and for so many many years.

Back when gasoline got so high the last time and I took my scooter to work ...many people were asking about it as they were worrying about gasoline prices.

I have been riding a scooter or in the early days a pedal moped for over 35 years now and have been laughing all the way to the bank.

I have a truck, and three cars and now I am down to four scooters....and don't care what other think about any of them.... nor prepping...I am driving this bus....all others can get off if they cannot take it or be of help.

No high maintenance folks need apply.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Rebecca, Dalewick, Morgan101 and 2 others like this.
  8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am a prepper, I don't panic buy like the sheeple, I buy extra in normal times when stocks are high and I buy little and often not all in one hit like the sheeple.
    in normal times this makes some people think I am paranoid, even on some British prepper forums. and the bloggers are even worse.

9. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I suspect that some of my fiends thought i had gone off the rails when i told them that i was a prepper. I am feeling a little smug these days, I could say i told you so but i would not do
    that to my friends, MY son has packed it in and gone in to my place up north more for
    economic reasons than anything else he and his girl friend has lost their jobs ect. he is going to be putting in a full garden. for us planting starts may 24.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  10. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree with Lonewolf,

When and even before this virus business got to what I am want to call...."Critical Mass" in the media ...I was thinking about the news which was filtering out of Venezuela..shortages and such going on there.

This Venezuela news is what caused me to go out and buy extra canned goods.... extra toilet tissue....as well as paper towels....

I have a certain amount I have built up over the years and I call this amount "Bank" like in a cash register till...you start out with "BANK." You try to keep and maintain "BANK" and not go below this amount..but purchase to keep/maintain/ and rotate stocks.

Around here ..this is hurricane country.....you want to be mostly prepared and well before something goes down because the store shelves will quickly empty if you do not. You do not want to be running around as is the chicken with it's head cut off trying to find supplies...and at the last minute...with all the other two legged wildlife out there..

I think of all the people I know who can easily go out of their way to get ready for a movie on the television or a sports event but not for SHTF and then whine when the store shelves are empty.

I heard a lot of the hams on the radio frequencies whining and moaning about virus hoarders. I don't feel sorry for them as they should mostly have been prepared with a "Bank" of supplies put back...and this done during good times...well before events closed in on them.

Too many people out there with a television and or movie education and the attention span of a sound bite.

You guys don't have to buy into what am saying....but it is my way....particularly after dealing with high maintenance types after hurricane Isabelle long ago. I was glad to see them go. I will not be taking in two legged wildlife with the next storm.

When the economies level out as much as they can... after this event passes...start slowly building up your "Bank" of supplies and maintain them....

You do not need to let everyone else know what you are doing. Too many freeloaders out there who want someone else to set up the buffet line for them so they can show up with their high maintenance broods and basically pit stop with you as the "Pit Crew."

But quietly get your 'Bank" of supplies built up.

Oh.....In case I have not mentioned it...I have a small supply of such "Bank" in a locker at work. ..and have been building it up further....watching closely the background events behind this virus. Now quietly expanded unto two lockers.

You guys decide for yourselves and your families..but bewarned the "High Maintenance" types who figure they can just show up and your door and for you to set up the buffet line for them and their families and then you can clean up/pick up after them as well. Ishmaelites....

These types will put you and your families into social and economic bondage if you let them...while bringing little or nothing to the table to help.

This is why you need to be very careful about the people in your prepper groups.

And don't worry about what others think....you are driving your own bus...everyone else can get off ...hit the bricks..

I used the four AA batteries the other day and for which I normally keep in my pocket to replace the olde ones in my Shortwave set...and have replaced them from one of the four 48 count packs I normally keep here as part of my "Bank" of supplies.

Most of my electronic tools are picked for having one type of battery...AA batteries.

Just so some of you get the idea....

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.