Prepping- in the news.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by lonewolf, Aug 22, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    It has just been reported that Germany has asked its citizens to "BE PREPARED" by storing at least 10 days food and 5 days bottled water per person in case of terrorist activity or other emergency.
    maybe prepping in Europe is becoming mainstream at last? well, its a start.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    i
    I would be storing more than that if I lived there, you & I know what will happen if the electricity goes off.
    Keith.

HappyJackSlade and MKprepper like this.
  3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    No where to run to in Europe!
    Best bet in most circumstances would to just hunker down with some supplies and prepare to repel boarders and fight fires!

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    exactly, but its a start, I think the british governments advice is still 72 hours.

HappyJackSlade and Keith H. like this.
  5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    im too old school country i dont understand people not haveing food. in cupboards running to the store many times for whatever is gas & wear on your car. we got to town twice a month and those days are most of the time it raining so work outside is put off

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I grew up in a time before supermarkets, if you didn't have it in the cupboard you went without, I have continued this all my adult life.
    we do a "big" shop once a month. we can still get meat and other things at our local weekly market, we don't buy supermarket meat, and eggs are bought locally from non commercial egg producers.

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I see reading the german piece again, that they reckon they have enough national fuel stocks of petrol and diesel to last 90 days.

HappyJackSlade likes this.
  8. MKprepper

MKprepper Expert Member
      168/173

Blog Posts:
    When i was growing up we had nothing as kids, i remember eating rotten food and eating out of skips behind shops often just to fill my belly.
    me and my brother use to sneak out at 3-4 am almost every morning and go door to door taking milk,bread,yogurts after the milkman had done his rounds, to feed our lil sister and then our selves only after she was full.
    now im all grown up and hairy il eat anything put in front of me even if i hate it. and i seem to have developed a very tough immune system to possibly because of my old eating habits i think this kind of up bringing or lack of has made a very very resourceful individual as even today if im out of money i always seem to find a way of getting what is needed for my family, friends and me.
    i never really thought about my upbringing until now... how weird.

Prairie Dog likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    your a bit like me MK, we are very good at scavenging.

MKprepper likes this.
  10. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Me I have always worked it so I have never needed to scavange
    Even being unemployed for 20 months I still pay the rent run a vehicle and have internet access! no dumpster diving or thieving needed!

And things are on the up, started a new job last Monday! Damn I have got soft!

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was brought up in a generation that reused and recycled everything, so that when I see a Skip(Dumpster) or anything "fly tipped" I always stop to see if there is anything I could make use of, this of course would continue post SHTF.

Prairie Dog and MKprepper like this.
  12. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Shouldn't that be twice the water as food? Water is far more critical than food imo

Keith H. likes this.
  13. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Agreed PD, you can go without food for 3 weeks if you don't do too much work & you have plenty of water, but you can only survive roughly 3 days without water.
    Keith.

14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    someone better tell the Germans then!!:rolleyes:

Prairie Dog and Keith H. like this.