Prepping Opportunities From Holiday Sales

Discussion in 'Food Storage - Canning/Freezing/Butchering/Prep' started by DirtDiva, Dec 10, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. DirtDiva

DirtDiva Master Survivalist
      285/345

Blog Posts:
    I would like to encourage everyone to keep their eyes open for those Christmas sales at your local grocer to extend your pantry preps. I posted earlier about catching a great price on whipping cream which I made into butter.

Yesterday I picked up some 2 pound bags of pineapple chunks for $1 a bag which are now in my dehydrator and will go into my dried fruit buckets when done. I bought 8 pounds.

I found sugar for $1.50 a 4 pound bag which s a great price on sugar.

I am seeing some really good prices on canned soups and baking supplies such as chocolate chips and nuts.

I bought 4 hams yesterday at $0.79 a pound. They are going to be cooked and cut into chunks and I will home can some bean and ham soup by adding onions, spices and the broth I make from the bones of my Thanksgiving turkey.

Apples are marked down as well and apple sauce is a good simple canning item. Don't forget to ferment the peels and cores for some homemade apple cider vinegar.

Citrus is usually at it's lowest around Christmas and every year I buy a couple sacks and can some citrus slices in a light syrup. A great source of vitamin C and super easy to can at home. Super expensive to buy already canned.

With everyone running around and panic buying there are still lots of prep sales out there worth getting out for.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we do that all year round not just at Christmas.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. DirtDiva

285/345

Blog Posts:
    Sales in the US run in cycles. Certain things go on sale at certain times. Decembers are the items listed above. Once you have shopped for enough years you tend to know what to look for at the appropriate time of year to find the best deals. But indeed like you I shop those sales year round to keep my pantry stocked up and replenished and at the lowest possible prices.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. DirtDiva

285/345

Blog Posts:
    Here is a guide for US shoppers
    https://www.wisebread.com/the-store-sales-cycle-your-monthly-guide-to-clearance-prices

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    because of my location I do not frequent big stores, I have to look for bargains on line or locally, locally meaning a 25 mile radius.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    upload_2021-12-10_18-22-23.png
    upload_2021-12-10_18-23-23.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Yeah, good luck. Even on sale these items are not a deal in todays market..

TMT Tactical, Dec 10, 2021
      DirtDiva likes this.