Prescription stash

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by cluckeyo, Jun 4, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    We planned our long hiking trips way in advance. I told my doctor about our plans. He said, "start saving now on your pills, and get a stash together". There is a little grace period for filling most meds, maybe 5 days or so. And if you are diligent, you can get a pretty good little stash together by filling on the soonest possible date. Making a habit of filling your important meds as soon as possible may priovide you with enough to carry you through a temporary survival type crisis.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Meds will only last so long, but if you want to get a good stash in a hurry, tell you doctor you are going overseas. He/she can then legally give you an open prescription to cover you for the period you say you expect to be away. I did this when I went overseas.
    Keith.

cluckeyo likes this.
  3. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I have a stash as well. I have high blood pressure and back pain so I never want to run out. I've always kept leftover antibiotics as well. I think they could come in handy during an emergency situation. Some medicines humans take are always pet friendly, and that can also prove valuable.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there seems to be a date on all our repeat prescriptions, once we get a prescription we cant have that item again until X date, I tend to get over this by ordering another prescription whether I need it or not, that way I get a stash together, its mostly creams and gels for my psoriasis so in a SHTF wouldn't be desperate anyway.