Preserving Fat For Cooking

Discussion in 'Food Storage - Canning/Freezing/Butchering/Prep' started by poltiregist, Sep 25, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've seen jerky and other dried meat for sale in the market but to be honest it dosent look very appetising, I think I'd carry something like corned beef instead, in fact I have on some backpacking trips.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I quite like jerky but to be honest for me its a snack food and I take it along on mountain hikes along with home mixed gorp to eat on the move. Can't go wrong with a can of corned beef its heavy on fat and protein and you can eat from the can or make a stew/spag bol/curry/hash type dish.

TMT Tactical, lonewolf and DirtDiva like this.