Protecting yourself from predators, without a gun.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by tb65, Jun 7, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning RexDanm and Grizz,

Both are real interesting posts. I've been involved in the same subject for some time now.

Don't forget the the human species' most dangerous predator: the mosquito. The sharks are a broad category like mosquitoes. Shark research is still not well-settled. Contrary to our American movies, get the reef shark toward the top of the list for a danger to humans. Around near offshore oil rigs they're as sly as a fox that's not rabid.

From olden times - I refuse to write "ancient" ; it was recent in our species' timeline - the term "best man" still in use in some western style weddings, was the label for someone who successfully helped in the capture of pending brides and slaves. The human species is also a predator to its own species.

There is so much not known about disease and distortions, like Grizz's rabies example, we still can't make the final chart on predators. A foot note for here: There are some who tell of evidence that the famous Count Dracula had rabies.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    They had and used Shepherds Slings. They are deadly weapons. I want to learn how to make them from natural materials, but I am not there yet.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    TD, I've dealt with a number of feral dogs and cats over the years, both professionally and privately and was wondering why you consider feral dogs "insane"? My home state has had issues with feral dogs for years, due to people abandoning there pets when they move away. As well as a number of military bases I worked on that had problems with both feral dogs and cats. Insane was never something I considered them, but peoples experiences differ. Not looking for an argument, just really interested in your point of view. Thanks.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.