Protesters And Social Distancing

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 7, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...0-06-06-coronavirus-news-n1226456/ncrd1226466

Good afternoon all,

Presuming the US is part of the world, authorities are not / can not (?) ensure social distancing during the protest rallies.

The Buffalo PD can't even arrange to have a protester / trespasser ... He was in a police cordon area being cleared for public safety ... properly dealt with. Precedent surely now determines police actions well beyond Buffalo, NY.

I am anticipating large clusters of COVID-19 infections occurring soon.

The tropical storms will be followed by the hurricanes. I also anticipate other matters.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    We have had a similar situation in the UK. Whilst there were some socially distanced protests (all the more striking for it) I was rather disappointed to see social distancing measures ignored at many. I agree with the principles of the BLM campaign, I've always believed people should be, not only equal, but treated equally and fairly, but to ignore social distancing whilst protesting is to behave unfairly to those around. I cannot help wondering whether Coronavirus will spread to many others as a result. My final thought on this is that ALL lives matter.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    These British protestors are all idiots, for a start George Floyd was an American criminal who died in America, secondly the protestors are being used by BLM and the Anarchy brigade for other reasons, protesting peacefully is one thing but rioting is just violence for violence sake and nothing at all to do with the protest.
    our laws about race and hate are totally different than those in America, if anything there is too much "positive discrimination" over here. you cant say anything bad about another race in Britain without being arrested for it.

Blitz, watcherchris, Rebecca and 3 others like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    If all lives don't matter, then no lives will matter. Just that damm simple. If people want to claim victim-hood, they can have at it but don't expect me to come to your crying jag. Yes the world is unfair, deal with it. No we are not all equal. The moron is not equal to the genius, deal with it. Some people have a knack for making money, other for spending money, deal with it. If you are stupid enough to march in a crowd of thousands, then YOU deal with the repercussions of getting infected. I won't shed a tear for your misery. Me. I plan to stay home and stay safe, that is how I will deal with it.

5. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Don't see how that justifies murdering the fella though. I agree about the UK protests, not clever, not safe, sad to say looks like an excuse used by some to get out and party :(

1. TMT Tactical
      It is called due process and the cop was / is being prosecuted, as he should. The protests are B.S. and the minorities here have it better than in any other country. All the numbers prove they are more likely to be killed by another black person than by a cop or white person. You never hear any out cry about black on black killings.

TMT Tactical, Jun 8, 2020
      Blitz likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I wonder if the virus will escalate after all these non distancing protests?
    if so these BLM people will be responsible for more people dying, I wonder what they will think then?

Brownbear, TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    More hypocrisy from the left. Is anybody surprised? If you go to the beach or go to church you get arrested, but thousands can march down the street, and the powers that be can't do anything about it? It makes me sick.

Also typical for the media to make a career criminal a martyr. This is a little long, but sheds a whole new light on the situation; much like Michael Brown.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    George Floyd was an armed robber who did 5 terms in prison, he put a gun against a pregnant woman's belly during a home invasion, to make someone like that a martyr for your cause is sick and obscene.

9. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Exactly what Candace Owens says in her video. She gives all the details of his record. This was a career criminal that is being lionized. The media is pathetic.

Blitz, watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Past history and in no way applicable to the way the man was murdered. You could be Ted Bundy but even he should not be murdered, arrest, trial, verdict and if guilty sentence, not kneel on his throat until dead.

You've got Trump coming out with more fake news than Fox + CNN combined and many senior retired and active military leaders in open criticism of the man; need to be some changes come November.

Published by CNN but its not their data shown on graphs, sources to each shown on bottom of graph

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/us-police-floyd-protests-country-comparisons-intl/index.html

Not good reading is it.

1. TMT Tactical
      Anybody reading anything from CNN, needs to do something to improve their I.Q. The Cartoon News Network has had to retract more articles for lying ( OOPs in correct information) than any other main street news media.

TMT Tactical, Jun 8, 2020
      Blitz likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree the way he was killed was all wrong, but he was high on meth at the time and "kicked off " in the car which is why he was placed on the ground.
    whitewashing his lack of morals does the cause no favours.
    still we all know is more than just a protest about racism don't we?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What if, after all of this profound lack of social distancing, there are NOT outbreaks of the covid-19 virus.

The demi-gods who run the MSM have been saying that without social distancing, there would be mountains of dead bodies. Well, I guess we're gonna find out.

1957-1958 Pandemic (H2N2 virus)
    "The estimated number of deaths was 1.1 million worldwide and 116,000 in the United States."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1957-1958-pandemic.html

What was on the minds of youth in 1957? Yes, the newest records out by Elvis!

Blitz, watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    It does not matter IF he was high on drugs in fact it makes the police action worse, four police, tazers, night sticks, handcuffs but no, knell on his neck FFS and his morals don't matter either, he was a human being, flawed or not, a human being should not be treated like that. As I said before a lot of the UK protests are just idiots jumping on the band wagon, same as in the States but the Americans are now also protesting about the broader aspect of American racism as well and if its not addressed things will get worse over there. They have massive social/racial/economic problems a good leader should be trying to heal and not antagonise; I'm not knocking Trump anymore, I think he's in way over his head, like a headless chicken and don't know what to do plus he won't accept sage advice from people who know more than he does :(

I had a 'zoom' meet with a friend and his wife, they live in St Paul and at one point his wife was crying. These are a professional couple earning around half a million a year or more and American to the core and they just don't know what the future holds...tragic. I've stayed with that couple, I've worked with the man and he's good, honest, hard working, they are good people and last night I felt so sorry for them and their beautiful daughter who's due to Ive League later this year :(

14. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Although I agree with you that the manner of death of that black guy (whoever his name) was all wrong (should just shot him on the head and be done with it), Trump tweet actually has a lot better credibility compare to either Fox, CNN, BBC, and all other medias or any right / left winger so called news that some people here love to post.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    It is time to end welfare and let the chips fall where they fall. Institute a three time terminal death penalty for violent repeat offended and shoot rioters. If people decide to violate the law and cause damage to other people's property or injure others, they can take their chances on getting shot. These riots are doing more to set back racial acceptance than the KKK had accomplished in the last 100 years. Black lives hold the same value as any other life. SIASD

Morgan101 likes this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    When you have an armed crew of people given authority over an unarmed group of people, some among the armed will abuse their power. Therefore there must be in place a system of identifying and removing people who were never cut-out for police work in the first place.

The two primary cops involved in George Floyd's death while in custody had track records of being abusive. Though known to default to bad, these officers were left on the force AND left in positions where they perpetually interfaced with the public.

This is a Major issue that Must be corrected by that department. The people had every right to protest such @$$holes being allowed to keep their badges -- even before they injured another person in custody. Obviously their nuking this guy while in custody got them manslaughter charges -- you go to prison for a whole lot less.

This sort of defective regulation of who stays on the police force after having committed unjustified acts of aggression is occurring across the nation. Groups that have higher crime commission/conviction rates will come into contact with the police more often. Even cops who are African-American believe that African-Americans commit more crimes; they become biased due to this.

Short story, bad cops need to be culled-out.

Question now is does this situation justify a race war? We are witnessing a race war erupt due to the wishes of minorities seeking revenge and due to a whole lot of outside agitators (to include international collectivists) who wish to incite not only a race war, but to incite a civil war here in the USA. Make no mistake, the Left does NOT want the system to be repaired. They want Constitutional government to be replaced by centralized control of the masses via social engineering. The Left's elitist leaders wish to be the ones in charge of the New Amerika. It now appears that the elitists and the shadow government folk are willing to go to war.

One wonders if minority folk have taken into consideration that the new leadership are and will be using them as a means to an end. Most elitists will only toss table crumbs to those who kiss their signet rings. Witness South Africa. The ANC claims to have liberated the country, but now the ANC are the ones with their boots on the necks of the people.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/19/the-ugly-truth-about-the-new-south-africa/

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    It is a lot more difficult to subjugate an armed citizenry, than an unarmed citizenry. That is the reason the Democrats are constantly pushing to disarm the American Citizen. Look back in time at what happen in VZ and look at what is happening today in VZ. The only armed people are the government agency's and the approved thug groups. The citizens are at the mercy of all.

18. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm sure you do know his name, if not you should have shown a little common courtesy and looked it up, not hard to find these days is it.

Trump has zero credibility other than in the minds of blind fans, wake up, smell the coffee and look, read, not just CNN/Fox look around globally. I honestly can't comprehend how anyone other than die hard, written in stone Trump fanboys can believe he is a) Up to the job and b) is doing a good job.

Anyway, I've got another four solar panels coming this afternoon and deep cycle batteries, don't need um but its an interesting project. Keep safe you lot.

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    very similar circumstances to the criminal who was shot by Metropolitan Police that started the London riots, I cant remember his name and i'm not about to waste my time looking up his name either.
    most of the remarks made about Trump are from the left leaning Democrats, I would rather have Trump in the White House, for all his faults he is still better than someone like Hilary Clinton or that fool Biden.

20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In American urban areas (where a lot of third-world behavior is going on) and in Europe, serfs do not have a problem with being disarmed, even when they are being victimized by people with little or no self-control. British and European serfs are now disarmed and can be sent to prison should they protect their homes using firearms to do so.

Those in America who vote for Trump (even though they may not like the guy) do so because he supports our National Constitution. Trump supports the inherent right of citizens to own and protect themselves with firearms. Trump does not support people who are unable to quell their glandular desires to do violence and whatever other uncivilized activities they are driven to commit.

American citizens fight for their freedom, whereas the weak people of other countries capitulate to their "betters".

71fa600e72b1ee6ba9521954deb0d9c2.jpeg

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Calling someone a racist is how the Left shuts down any further discussion on many a subject, its a favourite tactic of theirs.

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Yep and now we've also got "white privilege". This latter term is particularly irksome to those white folk who were born dirt poor and worked their way up to middle class. Just having a Southern accent has bought me grief while on business in Northern states. "Talk for us!" -- really, that was actually said to me. Southern accent = "cracker" "ignorant" "low breed" "inferior" ... until you prove that you are 2x more intelligent than they are.

Old Geezer, Jun 9, 2020
      Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  22. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Max,

There are MANY caustic events going on throughout the world now.

Many articulate and basically knowledgeable people cannot readily name a prominent Hong Kong protester/rioter. A comment would still be pertinent even if not knowing the names.

I accept your comprehension ability. We all have limits.

So far, the US is not in a major war. Believe it was on 4 March when there was a possible flare-up in the Taiwan Strait. Please be assured the deescalation had some input from the Trump White House.

Good news re the additional solar panels arriving.

23. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Same as the right wingers calling anyone with a social conscience a commie/leftie etc to attempt to shut them up.

24. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Why does anybody NEED a social conscience? Let all the people stand up for themselves. What part of Equal does not apply to other folks? If all the people are equal, then they have the ability to be responsible for their actions or inaction. If they need government support, then they are NOT equal and must be govern like children. So social conscience is an excuse to treat people like a sub-performing species.

Dalewick and Morgan101 like this.
  25. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Radical Left or Radical Right... Looks to me like the difference is the Radical right will call you a commie, liberal, etc but the radical left (Antifa, BLM, etc.) will riot, beat you for your opinion, steal everything they can and burn your neighborhood to the ground.

Or, at least that what I see in video. I am a veteran. I was willing to die so that EVERYONE can have there opinion and voice that opinion as guaranteed in the 1st Amendment of the Constitution. Rioting is not voicing your opinion. It's theft, arson, destruction of property and murder. That makes you a criminal. It's that simple.

2c5f01cd6c498a9895d5f9e5cf65f493.jpg

ROFLOL!!!

b5a2c791637e43421b4eb1e2b9df929c.jpg

My personal feelings on the subject.

Dale

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Regardless of whether the social distancing was a ruse or well justified , regardless of whether wearing masks was a social herding test or well justified - the focus for this has changed . Now this is a Democrat ploy to try to stop Donald Trump from holding those massive political rallies that Republicans dearly love . The Democrats only have a demented old man they keep in a basement hoping they can avoid putting him on a campaign tour or debate stage .

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  27. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Please tell me you don't for one second believe social distancing was a 'ruse' or a ploy to stop Trump holding mass infection meets/rallies.

28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    social distancing happened all over the world not just in the US.

29. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Max,

The US aspect of this pandemic is LESS about mass medical and public health. Of course, a safe distance from someone with tuberculous is advantageous to one's health. Same with the COVID-19 infected.

As nasty as this sounds, the apex aspect is - politics -. Much is going on that the public does not understand.

Here in Virginia, the state owned and operated liquor stores have been deemed critical businesses to remain open. I understand and agree. Some businesses were decreed to not being critical. Much of this is subjective.

There was a lawsuit in Southern California - Where else ?! - arguing that church attendance size - eg a fourth of the preexisting building occupancy permit - was unlawful. Retail stores needed to only reduce occupancy to 50%. Every single fact pattern was presented by the legal-beagles before the court.

If properly regulated, sitting in a 2 hour long church service and singing some songs will involve more infections that walking through a big box hardware store to get some repair items for the damaged house from the storm.

Again, the apex is - politics.

The Supremes' edict was a 5 - 4 split decision.

This is not jurisprudence. It is politics.

America's vast - and bloated - justice system has been politicized.

The courts are defacto quasi-legislative organizations.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Max I certainly do believe this and will even take it a huge step further . The Democrats /communist that the U.S. is now on the brink of a civil war with are a callous lot , Life taken from innocent people means nothing to them - killing new born or about to be born babies is acceptable to these evil people . Deliberatly infecting thousands of people world wide to gain a political advantage is acceptable to them . They are desperate to stop Trump from dismantling their " One World Globalist Dream " . I am not privy to any special or secret information but it is not beyond these evil people to create " and START the virus " to try to stop Trump from holding rallies . Someone within the Chinese lab could have been bribed , ordered or threatened to have this virus released . Think about it " HOW ELSE COULD THEY STOP HIS RALLIES BUT FOR A DEADLY VIRUS " .

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  31. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Bloody hell some/majority your posts are insane in their basis, the thinking behind it is flawed beyond description.

I guess you think Generals Mattis and Milley are on some sort of commie mission to mess up the country and get rid of Trump ?

Sorry guys, the more you come out with the more your core beliefs are shown to be FUBAR, unbelievable and undefendable. :(

Blitz likes this.
  32. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Not sure who you were asking, but yes I believe the "social distancing" is a ruse, bad joke, stupid and probably the biggest con job ever perpetuated on the American public. My reasons are strictly medical for my beliefs. A human sneeze and or cough leaves the body a just slightly over 100 mph. That same sneeze/cough carries with it enough aerosolized liquid to form an invisible cloud out to at least 21 feet. Each cloud carries enough viral and/or bacterial cells to more than have the 10,000 cells (approximately) to infect a new host or several new host. 6 feet social distance is a joke. The majority of mask at best catch only 50% of any sneeze or cough and even regular breath is not completely contained by the popular mask being worn/purchased.

A simple explanation is like this. When a woman spritzes an aerosolized perfume in a store it hangs in the air. If you pass through that area 5, 10 or even sometimes 15 minutes later, you will still smell that perfume. Sense of smell is dependent on a number of factors, (age, sex, genetics, etc.) but as a base line it takes about 13,000 scent units (molecules of the scent) to be smelled. Scent molecules tend to be heavier than human expelled aerosol and therefore land on surfaces sooner. So How long would a virus remain in the air after a cough or sneeze?

As far as this being used to "stop trump". I don't know about that or really care. I had COVID-19 in February along with my wife. Bad = yes. Enough to scare me into stupid public knee jerk reactions = NO.

Do I believe COVID-19 is being used by "someone" to manipulate the USA and much of Europe = Yes. That is a different conversation.

Dale

Dale

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  33. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    [QUOTE="Dalewick

Do I believe COVID-19 is being used by "someone" to manipulate the USA and much of Europe = Yes. That is a different conversation.

Dale

Dale[/QUOTE]
    Dale if you have the time or inclination I would like to hear more on your thoughts on the above statement . I believe this warrants it's on thread . I have already voiced my thoughts on this topic but would like to see other members wade into the fray .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have always said in a pandemic the best place to be is quarantined in ones own home away from infected people, when out it is best to stand as far away from other people just in case, get out-do what you have to- get home again, don't hang about.
    I think social distancing is common sense, of which there is very little in the general public these days, if there was they would all be preppers.

Max rigger and TMT Tactical like this.
  35. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    In Australia, cases of the flu, measles, chicken pox and whooping cough have plummeted. This year we're currently experiencing around 6 cases of flu a day, compared to more than 600 cases in the previous year. So does social distancing work to reduce illness. Hell yes.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  36. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Social distancing reduces the spread of any contagion, however if people do not work, then it is the economy that becomes violently ill.

We now have thousands of businesses who have shut their doors for good, bankrupt, kaput. All of their workers are now looking for employment. Problem is there may be no jobs for them to take. Unemployment benefits run out. If the Federal government sends the unemployed relief checks, that money has to be pretended into existence. Western currencies are debt-based, debt that will never be repaid, thus hyperinflation and collapse become inevitable. That stock market prices are still at the altitude they are proves that Wall Street is mostly Ponzi scheme and not based on solid value.

Nations of the West stand facing the conundrum: Get back to work and suffer increasing numbers of viral infections, or quarantine and watch their economies fall.

Where's Solomon when you need him?

Blitz, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  37. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely Gold Geezer. The price to pay for less deaths. It's wonderful that Australia's cases have all but disappeared however, as you say, the price on the economy is dire indeed. We're now in a massive recession. People have lost their jobs, their businesses, mental health issues are increasing and even businesses that are still operating have to abide by new rules and regulations to enable them to continue to trade.

Thanks to these moron protesters over here, we could well go backwards again if it's found they've opened the door to more COVID 19 cases. The state borders which have been shut for months are due to reopen soon. I'll be truly pissed off if cases escalate again and they remain closed for months on end - I'm contemplating buying a camper trailer and taking off around Australia when my house sells. A bit hard to do when the bloody borders are closed!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Health officials are now saying that more people could be dying due to the covid virus, but not because of being infected with it. People with chronic conditions are not being seen by their physicians often enough or they are being seen via video conferencing which is insufficient. Cancers are not being caught in their early stages, diabetics are deteriorating into kidney failure, heart patients are not getting their needed ECGs, ... -- all due to sheltering in place. Physicians offices are limiting the number of patients being seen or putting off checkups into the future. The normal throughput of primary care has been crippled.

Thus, health officials are worrying that sheltering is becoming more dangerous than risking contracting Covid-19. These non-covid deaths will show up in future months and years, so the numbers will be buried along with those who stayed home and died of lack of care of their chronic disorders.

Covid is now a political issue. The science is being ignored. The Left simply wants to shut-down America.

A fungus lives off of the dying tree.

39. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Social distancing? Problem solved!

upload_2020-7-19_22-59-4.png

TMT Tactical likes this.