Psych Resilience To Disaster

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Pragmatist, Nov 7, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      452/460

Blog Posts:
    https://www.citylab.com/environment...-natural-disaster-trauma-ptsd-anxiety/601522/

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

Note term " post - traumatic growth" and term "hopeful realism". Unfortunately for me, I do not have trust in the civic groups making decisions. The best interests of the community are subordinated to other matters.

Surely, as reported here, in Fargo, North Dakota "efforts are distributed equitably". I know of contrary examples.

From the national perspective, must disagree with Dr Andy McLean re people of lower socio-economic status less likely to prepare. I attend a few veterans meeting a month and both the active duty members and many others I deem of lower socio-economic status, do, indeed, prepare. They are knowledgeable, thrifty, responsible and valuable members of the orgs.

TMT Tactical likes this.