Public Hurricane Shelters During Pandemic

Discussion in 'Natural, Temporary, and Permanent Shelter' started by Pragmatist, May 9, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/w...0200509-fvb6jdqiz5aenf4tf7rr2cc6he-story.html

Good morning all,

Article per getting ready for hurricanes in our pandemic environment.

Recommend to use article for "reminder" type of prep. Please do not accept statements in article at face value.

Yes, IT is the improvement method to report home insurance claims but some do not do this immediately because of injury from eg the hurricane.

In a public shelter - perhaps improved with Florida's current 2020 arrangements - there are not enough workers to stock paper towels, let alone health screenings.

Well, Florida Power and Light: Where do ill out of state repair persons get sheltered along with the needed medical oversight and care ?

I'm trying to be objective and nice. Palm Beach County shelters STILL have a geometric number of registrants trying to enter school bathroom. Public school buildings are not the solution but the public does not want to face the truth because they cannot handle the truth.

"I'm trying to be objective and nice". 17,000 people at a facility, ipso facto, is unhealthy, especially during a stress event. Even if more than one school building ... the Responders can be vectors during this pandemic. "I'm trying to be objective and nice".

This cloth face mask stuff is an opiate substitute. Only 2 ? LOL ! The kids' compliance might be better than the parents.

Believe it or not, the National Hurricane Center is politicized like CDC. Note the absence of "surge" in hurricane categories. It's a sensitive political matter. The European scale is better and used by advanced-level US industry.

If one is not elderly and is healthy/mobile, combined with being a Prepper, dangerous hurricanes can be handled. Otherwise, there is danger.

TMT Tactical likes this.