Pvc Pipe

Discussion in 'Other Reference Material' started by Pragmatist, Oct 10, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.usplastic.com/knowledgebase/default.aspx?clickid=footer

Good morning all,

Above link is a good reference site re PVC pipe and the "accessories" such as the tool to cut the stuff rather than my slower method.

I like PVC.

Had mentioned a few days ago, that a couple in my team uses a PVC pipe homemade product for walking sticks and other applications. Not sure of dims but for wordology illustration here, they each had a 2 in diam pole about 7 ft tall and inside this was a 1 in PVC pole. Holes were drilled at various lengths. A wingbolt/nut kept the 2 pipes together.

Their walking sticks also converted to 4 (four) poles for the start of a small canopy tent.

The ideas for the PVC pipe use are only limited to one's thinking.

I like white PVC to contrast any scary bugs that get on it. My exception is a long PVC pole painted orange with a fitting to mount a strobe light. It fits inside the cargo bed of my truck. Also have one with a sleeve that makes a pole real big - but one must be strong and have room for all the extra "nice to haves".

Again, a decent link to set up a file or just read.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Very good link and full of solid quick look up information. Thanks for posting.

watcherchris likes this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Just a quick FYI for anyone making projects out of PVC pipe. Paint tends to scratch off of PVC fairly easily. To avoid this you can actually dye PVC with Rit dye's. The dye actually penetrates the PVC so scratches don't show as much.

https://www.ritdye.com/

Dale

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Outstanding bit of information. Would be really good for making a pvc pipe blend with the country side. Thanks Dale.

Dalewick likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, Dale.

My orange-painted PVC strobe pole had some scrateches so added a laquor spray and the pole looked worse.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.