Quarantine; Invasive Bug Here

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 2, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    But that could be a total disaster for Frederick County, VA with it being Apple Blossom Land and a big producer of cider vinegar and tasty apples.
    Pennsylvania is also seeing the invasive alien species, southern Pa also being a big producer of apples and vinegars.
    Gucci Gulch?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Like this quarantine has a chance of working. So you need it for moving equipment? Now how many tractor trailers, cars etc transit thru Winchester On I81 or down I 64? Genie is out of the bottle. I wonder if they know where it came from and how it got to PA in the first place.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Radar,

Welcome to the forum.

Gucci Gulch is sometimes used to identify the Lobbyist section of Washington, D.C. (Farragut Square area) and is viewed by some as the opposite of "Heaven". Was just joking around.

Again, a warm welcome.

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  6. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I looked it up, never heard of that term. Thanks, you're funny too. I knew a dog named Gucci, evil looking thing. Lol

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Quarantines like this are made to SLOW the inevitable spread of various undesirable plants, animals, insects or diseases. I live in a quarantined county for rabies and it is illegal to take an animal out of this county that has not been vaccinated for rabies.

The fact is that the world is GOING to slowly change from the many different ecosystems into a global ecosystem. Once people started traveling all over the world they started spreading things around and these things slowly meld into and become a part of the local ecosystem. The Europeans brought honey bees, earthworms, pigs, horses, cattle, smallpox measles and such to North America. They returned to Europe and brought back corn, potatoes, tobacco and syphilis.

As we move more and more freely around the world we are GOING to carry all sorts of things with us. A lot of times we will do it on purpose like the water hyacinths that plug up many of the southern waterways, the nutria rats that we imported to eat them, the Asian carp, the snakehead fish and in my area the Russian Boars.

This has been going on at an ever-increasing pace since the 1400s but is challenging faster al the time. Eventually, we will have a global ecosystem with things pretty much similar everywhere and determined by the ecosystem what lives there. You will never have to worry about pirana in places that have seriously cold winters but eventually, any place that has the right situation may end up with them. Snakes never lived in Hawaii until we took them there and now they are killing off a lot of birds and changing things there.

In the past, a disease could develop thrive and then die out in a strictly local area. Now we will drag it all over the world in a matter of days sometimes. I know that we don't like all of his but in the end, it is simply evolution in action. Whenever things change the species in the affected area either will adapt or die out. People don't seem to truly grasp this.

There are thousands of times more EXTINCT species than there are currently living species. Even before there were men species rose and fell. We aren't so special we are just faster moving on a global scale than past vectors. In the end, though the results are always the same over and over. Adapt or die and new species will fill your spot in the ecology.

TMT Tactical likes this.