New Member Quiz On What Gun Is Best For You.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by arctic bill, Nov 29, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Didn't work for me, out of the norm :)
    Keith.

The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I got a 9mm glock...I was kind of hoping for a 44mag or Desert Eagle... I think it was the flannel shirt question and truck question that got me.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Model 60 Marlin in .22lr.....apart from disliking self loading firearms it was reasonably close to my preferred firearm.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I also got a marlin 60, i wonder if it is a rigged game , everyone gets a marlin 60?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Someone trying to off load a couple of containers full of .22 Marlin Mod60's?. I already have a .22lr...I'd rather have a PGW Timberwolf

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I got a Glock 9mm. I was a little surprised. I went back and changed two answers. I said yes this time to being left handed even though I shoot right handed and said no to having a blaze orange vest this time. I said yes before because I always wear an orange toboggan. That is what we call a warm knit cap without a bill in the South. I still ended up with a Glock 17.

8. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I took a look at the quiz and decided not to take it. It is too much like being "Herded" and recorded.

I don't need a quiz to figure out what gun I am going to buy or acquire.

If I want a gun or anything else...I will go and buy it or appropriately plan to acquire such.

Same thing with a car.

I remember reading a lady friends copy of Cosmopolitan Magazine...and in it was a quiz.

It dawned on me that by this method ...you never have to take responsibility ....you can instead take quizzes.

Same thing with this quiz.

If I want it I go out and get it...I don't first take a quiz..or talk to Dr Phil.

You guys don't have to buy into this ....it's just me not caring for this kind of Ishmaelite "Herding."

One size fits all...not for me thanks. Horoscopes anyone???

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Doing something for fun isn't herd behavior. Herd behavior is when you do something for the sole reason that others are doing it and you feel like you have to do it to fit in. If I bring a bunch of home baked cookies to a gathering and everyone eats them they are doing it because they are GOOD not so that they can feel a part of the herd. Nobody is going to say anything to them if they don't eat any of them. Most are instead thinking "Good, more for ME!" I will walk with the crowd if they are going in my direction. I am not following them. We just happen to be going to a similar place at this moment. LOL, my statement about marching to the beat of a different drummer is very much the way I am. I am an oddball and have never felt much compulsion to fit in.

When I was young most of my close friends were a lot older than me and now that I am old most of my close friends are a lot younger than me...???

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I too got the stupid Glock.

The test failed.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I'm not a big Glock fan myself. Their design mechanics are great but they don't fit my hand right.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't do quizzes. Just not that interested in what anybody else might think I would or would not want or do.

13. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't take quizzes in particular on the computer. I note these quizzes...what car, WW2 airplanes, this or that on the computer. I do not want to take those for fun or anything else....in particular on the computer.

I believe that in this Rabid, rampant, runaway from reason and logic world...an emotional world filled with emotional insecurity....at some point it is going to be dangerous to let anyone become aware that you know history... ...or enough to call these people "Herders" a bunch of liars.

You have to identify who knows what..and how much they know. Are they a danger because they can teach others to think and thereby act on their own...away from the herd???
    Such an insecure and whorish government filled with career people "Herders" must have a mechanism by which to identify this potential ...this danger....nationwide.

Think about what I am saying here considering how much real history is "Not" taught to our children and or grandchildren today in lieu of junk, dross, and any other emotional instant gratification filler they can muster to keep people feeling good about themselves.....while not being taught to think for themselves.

They know so much about any and every Bravo Serria product to come down the line but little to no real history ..and what history they do know is the authorized PC History.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    It would be interesting to see American History written and taught by native American Indians. History should be written and taught by both sides, so people get a better picture and then they can decide for themselves what is true history. You make very good points Watcherchris. People's perspective and cultures always play a major part in how history is portrayed. We condemn the Bantan Death march but if Japan had won the war, how would that have been portrayed? No matter how thin you make it, there are always two side to a pancake.

15. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I got the 1911 which I don't own, yet. I have wanted one for awhile though.

watcherchris likes this.
  17. kilo4okc

kilo4okc Expert Member
      176/230

Blog Posts:
    Go to the Custer Battlefield park, little Big Horn....they have both sides give presentations....interesting to see it that way....

18. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I will put that on my sites to visit. Thanks for the info.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  19. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Have a 1911 and like it very much but usually carry a GP 100 in .357 Mag. Sometimes I switch out with a .41 magnum. My real preference is for a wheel gun. Carry speed loaders for both.

It is my way.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

PS. I'm not a big Glock fan as well.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  20. Yenix

Yenix Well-Known Member
      67/115

Blog Posts:
    Glock 17, like most here. Not a very big fan of Glocks though.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I was "awarded" the M1911 Colt autoloader. I had one once (a MK 4 Series 79) and I was not fond of it. I own a Ruger 9e right now, but would much rather have a Smith or a Taurus double-action revolver in .38/.357 magnum. I figured, being the forum's main "liberal", I would have received an pink or lavender .380. Alas!

22. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL! the Glock 17. Don'tneed theirs. Have a Glock 19 instead and a 43 now.