Read this first.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by branchd77, Jan 16, 2016.

Read this first. 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone. My name is Daniel and I am a survival enthusiast. Take a minute to tell us your name and a little about yourself. This is a new forum so it would be amazing if you would help us fill it up with useful information.

1. Robin
      Hello from Middle Tennessee.

Robin, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Sapu

Sapu Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Sapu.... Astronomer.... Can drive anything....bush skills.

jeager and Bigdog like this.
  3. Lzmoose

Lzmoose Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    My friends call me Moose. I signed on to learn some survival skills that I can use on my next backpacking trip.

AngryBlonde likes this.
  4. branchd77

257/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Moose and Sapu

5. John Johnson

John Johnson Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I go by John. I'm x-military have 7 children I'm prepared for just about everything. Food,water,firearms,ammo, I've been stocking up on trading items,so if the dollar becomes not worth the paper it's printed on. Preparing the family is very important to me family is everything,I am prepared to do whatever it takes to keep them safe. But I'm always looking for people who have great ideas to share and grow from. I'm very open minded, and love meeting new people never met a stranger.

6. Bigdog

Bigdog Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Names is bigdog I'm ex navy grew up on a rural farm learnt old school survival skills from my extended family I can drive about anything on wheels cdl license

7. English bulldog

English bulldog Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Good Evening All,
    I'm ex-navy living in the UK like to do a little prep work, in general keep up with new equipment and ideas. I like to keep skills going and been around in the country most of my life.

8. branchd77

257/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome, if you have any suggestions for a topic please don't hesitate to post. If you have some good ideas please share. Thank and glad to have you

John Johnson likes this.
  9. John Johnson

33/47

Blog Posts:
    Very cool,lived in the back woods most my life,was also in the Navy I was a certified craftmaster could drive anything the Navy had. Great to meet you my friend.

10. John Johnson

33/47

Blog Posts:
    Being in the UK adds to your challenge with the restriction on weponds you are able to obtain, do you live in a town or more of rural area. But all of should be able to adapt to most any situation, how has that altered you preping check list? Where in the UK are you located? It's cool that we have you with us if anything happens we will be the ones rebuilding our society,and the effects will be felt world wide

11. Greg Franklin

Greg Franklin Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    My name is Greg. I'm a Preppers and have been a medical for 24 years. Just looking for more info....

John Johnson likes this.
  12. Black Armour Prep

Black Armour Prep Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi all! Names Sean, founder of Black Armour Prep. I'm a 26yo wilderness & urban SURVIVAL enthusiast. Created Black Armour Prep as a New outlet & resource for vital & useful information, not unlike thus forum. The more we come together, the more people we can bring to understand the growing need to learn and prepare.

Barry Peterson and John Johnson like this.
  13. Hawkwind333

Hawkwind333 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:

John Johnson likes this.
  14. Hawkwind333

Hawkwind333 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hawk here in Oklahoma, I am a Native American, of the Creek Tribe. Raised by my Dad and Uncles in the old ways. Have two Black Belts. Hope to retire soon and move to my homeplace and build a cabin there.

15. jayzen74

jayzen74 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Call me Jayzen. Survival enthusiast, grew up in the Appalachian mountains. Self-defense instructor, and nurse. Always keep a BOB in the vehicle along with other means of self preservation.

16. Scott Plog

Scott Plog Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi. My name is Scott. I have been in the automotive collision industry for 25 years. In the spring and summer when not camping at a motocross track, we are at our lake cabin. I have always loved this stuff and the people doing it.

John Johnson likes this.
  17. Old soul

Old soul Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hey all. Name's Joe and I'm in central NC. Also have a place in NW NC that is becoming my BOL. I'm ex navy as well. I'm fairly new to emergency preparedness (maybe a year and a half). Looking forward to learning from and with y'all.

John Johnson likes this.
  18. LHCB

LHCB Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    LHCB here. (Long Haired Country Boy) I got into the prepper world for the monumental flop known as Y2K. Prior military, former carpenter and business owner who now babysits a steering wheel. Currently in SC Pa, but as a recent widower I may look to retiring to a new more remote location where it's warmer. I got an '02 Avalanche just because it was a good BOV due to the fold down rear panel ant specially made tent. I'm into permaculture and self sustainability and always look to learn or help others as we venture into an unknown future.

19. Bearded eagle.

Bearded eagle. Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hello, joined to learn and seek wisdom from others. I have started prepping and have goals of self sustaining fully, soon.. The wife Is coming on board more and more. Exicted to learn and put in to motion more so.

20. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Name is Jim, 42, Cunningham Tn. US Army vet. Been loving survival/self reliance for about 8 years. Everything from flint napping (lol spell check) to gadgets. B.O.B's , GHB, and EDC/VC kits I love. Glad to join up, and learn new skills!

John Johnson and Ricky Jeringan like this.
  21. beovie79

beovie79 Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Hello my name is beovie. My nick name is B. I joined to learn more skills. I live in Bristol Tennessee

22. Magnis

Magnis Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Names Magnis madox
    Can drive anything on 4 or more wheels, heavy equipment and can fly stick and rudder. (Landing not so much) but hay any you can walk away from right? I lived off the land for 2 years because I got sick of people. Learning desart survival now.

Ricky Jeringan likes this.
  23. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum! Please feel free to look through all the topics and post away, if there is no thread on your topic of choice please create it...

24. PJameson

PJameson Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Hey
    New to this group. Moved to South Carolina last year from the northeast.
    Retired Firefighter /EMT. Have been an outdoorsman my whole life. Have been prepping for quite a while. Always looking for new information to hone skills, and the tools to keep sharp.

25. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum....jump right in... With your back ground there is a lot you could teach. And I bet you are used to jumping right into the fire.... Yes pun intended....

26. Eragon

Eragon Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Good evening.

Eragon is a favorite character of mine from a fantasy book series. I enjoy hiking and camping. I own two business in my town.

This forum was suggested by a friend. Hoping to learn and contribute where I can.

The slow slinker likes this.
  27. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum! I believe having a dragon would be a pretty cool survival tool.

Ramjet57 likes this.
  28. Sijur

Sijur Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hello, my name is Steven. I joined because I'm interested in Survival. I like learning new things, and I may have a few under my belt... I grew up in the woods (no power, no phone), and I'm currently working as a web developer. Fun times. I don't have any official training (through schools, or through the military. I'm just me.

Jen likes this.
  29. Jay H

Jay H Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Jay or bsaride , outdoors all my life, learning as I go. Putting together a survival pack now.

Jen likes this.
  30. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome guys, we all have room for learning! Wouldn't life be boring if we knew everything...please read and more importantly please post! No matter how trivial it may seem, the smallest tip that could save a life is worth it!

31. Ramjet57

Ramjet57 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi I'm in East Tennessee been hunting and fishing since I was 9 years old I know how to track and field dress game.
    Was a firefighter for 6years and a diesel mechanic fo 24 years, I have always been able to improvise with anything I have or find.I'm still learning about edible plants and can grow almost anything.
    I'm still working on my survival bags because thing change every day and I also have chickens and I'm gonna be adding hogs soon.

TheJim likes this.
  32. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum!

33. Ramjet57

Ramjet57 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Thanks I'm glad to be here!! TE="TheJim, post: 622, member: 467"]Welcome to the forum![/QUOTE]
    Than

TheJim likes this.
  34. Vickifeisty

Vickifeisty Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi! My name is Vicki. U.S. Army vet that is a a Jill of many trades but mistress of none, lol! Always ready and eager to learn to survive/be self-sufficient and to teach whatever I know. I look forward to sharing and learning in good company. Live in Rochester, NY but my heart is from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Dave lentz likes this.
  35. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome!

36. sashalynne67

sashalynne67 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi , hoping to gain knowledge and share the knowledge I have with others. I'm in the medical field. Know many herbal and old school skills for treating ailments. Can't wait to learn !:)

TheJim likes this.
  37. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Ohh..welcome...there are many topics please start posting whatever knowledge you have and welcome to the forum!

38. Dave3006

Dave3006 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi. I'm Dave. I've always wondered why Dave is never available in a forum even when there is no other Dave registered. lol I've only been Dave in 2 forums and I was the super admin there (so I could be who I wanted to be, hehe).

Anyway, my Dad got me a 12 gauge shotgun when I was eight. I fell in love with the woods, and fields and streams in WV. Another one that has lived in the great Appalachians. I didn't have to hunt to be happy in the woods. After my farming chores were over, that's where I headed. As long as I was home the next morning to gather eggs, there was no problem. I'm an avid hunter/camper and live to be in the woods.

I've backpacked since I was 10, and my backpacking kept growing with more modern innovations. I learned a lot of bush craft while backpacking. Lots of people say to take a tarp, but my tent was 4x6' (16" sidewalls)and 6 pounds. I've used a tarp, but I liked that tent. I still use a tent in all 4 seasons. Still learning. Just got a new Schrade SCHF37M. I'm also a Martial Arts instructor in several styles as someone mentioned above. I've had lots of weapons training. I was also glad that Vicki was in the Army since we had all these Sailors in here. No offense meant by that to anyone. Was a Captain of a Rescue Squad (corpman training) for awhile and then changed fields.

If/when the SHTF in my lifetime, I will not be one that BO. I will be the one that bunkers in. A car wreck and my wife (3x cancer survivor) will keep me from leaving. I like learning more about survival. I'm a lot more interested in urban survival, and survival for different scenarios. I don't call myself a prepper even though we do have stores of food and water.

I saw this forum mentioned on FB and decided that I would check it out. And I talk too much. Nice reading about everyone.

39. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the board Dave!

40. Paxxis

Paxxis Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Morning, everyone. Still working on my first cup of coffee, so bear with me. Name's Joe, and me and my family are in WA, although we are considering a possible move to MT. Grew up on a ranch (horses and a few heads of cattle), and did a lot of camping in my younger days. Marines didn't want me, due to me being blind in one eye, but I have always loved to learn, and have tried to stay active in learning new things. As Jill said, a Jack of all trades, and a master of none. Have experience in security, communications, some outdoors skills, and more. But definitely wanting/needing to learn more, especially in these times. Ok, I have rambled enough. I need more coffee...

TheJim likes this.
  41. Jazz

Jazz Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Hello from nebraska, I have been interested in survival information for going on 10 years now. Just wish hubby was as interested as I am.

42. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum!

43. Brokereefer

Brokereefer Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone, my name is Pat. First time on a survival forum. I've been on many fish tank and saltwater reef forums (hence the name). My wife and I are just getting into the survivalist mode. I've been doing some reading and trying to stock up on weapons and ammo. We live on Long Island in NY. I'm very handy when it comes to rigging things up or being a "Macguyver" Looking forward to learning as much as I can

44. Izak

Izak Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Hello my name is Tim and I am from Wisconsin

45. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum!

46. libanator

libanator Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi you can call me Ed or libanator? I am a Survival enthusiast! I love you read and try new survival skills! Look forward to learning and sharing helpful tips and tricks hone and grow survival skills!!

47. mace forge

mace forge Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone names Chris, owner and operator of mace forge custom blades and tomahawks. Feather of three wonderful kids, my two boys love the woods as much as I do. Trying to instill bushcraft values in the next generation. Look forward to tips and tricks from the lot

48. VARGRWOLF

VARGRWOLF Well-Known Member
      75/93

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys im just a guy who is passionate about survival, bushcrafting, firecrafting,and the like. I'm from Texas and love the outdoors. I just started writing for a blog at bestbushcraftgear.com. I spend all of my free time learning primitive skills. I look forward to teaching as well as learning.

Keep your knife sharp and your mind sharper. V

49. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum, please feel free to post away....and Varg, it's easy to copy paste! Make for easy posts!

VARGRWOLF likes this.
  50. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Im tw im 60years young marine ive lived off grid for abiut 25 years know abit about how its done willing to share lol forgive me im on phone and poke and hope my way threw so give me abit to get how this works