Read this first.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by branchd77, Jan 16, 2016.

Read this first. 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. Gordo

Gordo Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Hello my name is Gordo. Joined too learn some survival skills and gets some idea's on putting together a survival kit. From LHC where the summers can get brutal.

2. Jen

Jen Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Hi I'm Jen and to be honest I don't have any survival skills so maybe you can clue me up on what I need to know and do when the time comes I need to use it to keep my family together and safe. Thanks all. X

3. Jen

Jen Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    What type of items do you class as essential have to have's.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    food, water, first aid kit, to start with.

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Axe rope knife tarps or tent good pack with frame fire starter kit good boots candles first aid kit wool blankets extra clothing

6. Tom J

Tom J Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello, names Tom, army vet from NC. New to prep world, but have always been outdoors. Look
    forward to sharing ideas.

John Johnson likes this.
  7. Paxxis

Paxxis Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome aboard, Tom! :)

8. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Hey wrong Tom lol

9. Paxxis

Paxxis Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    LOL Nah. Just a different Tom.

10. John Johnson

John Johnson Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Welcome buddy. Good to have you

11. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I suppose I should introduce myself, I am Arkane, made in Germany, born in England and grew up in Australia!
    Lots a fishing,surfing spearfishing, hunting, camping, shooting! then working
    Lots a country skills and city living, moved around a lot. I have lived in most climates both city and very isolated (as in next human over 300km away)
    been attacked by most anything over here with teeth or not!
    Lots a martial Arts, lots a shooting/hunting.
    Been a survivalist since 1974
    Met the grim reaper 16 times so far, still sucking air!:D
    Been there done that, looking to retire soon!

John Johnson likes this.
  12. John Johnson

John Johnson Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Same here except I'm retired.

13. Offthegrid

Offthegrid New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello. My better half and I live in an off-the-grid home in the foothills of a small mountain town in southern California. We have solar power with propane backup, well water and five acres of land around us.

Kya Cooper likes this.
  14. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Hello welcome sounds like you are well started

15. MamaD0707

MamaD0707 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    My name is MamaD. I have 4 dogs and I want to make sure my family is taken care off no matter the situation! Currently we depend very little on the town to provide us with services but we could always be better. I hope to learn more about being self- sustaining ! We have well water and propane gas heating and cooking fuel. 9 acres of land for farming etc so I'd like to put it to the best use possible. Any advice is welcomed! Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  16. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Hey everybody. I subscribed because I personally think that any person could benefit from learning some fundamental survival insights. Whether you're a restless hiking enthusiast or a couch potato, you never know when odds turn against you and an accident or a natural disaster puts you into a life threatening situation. Thus I desire to learn more regarding
    survival and outdoor living, and maybe share some personal thoughts about it.

17. meganisonfire

meganisonfire New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello, my name is Megan and I am from Alabama. I am 32 years old with three beautiful young children (all girls). I enjoy hiking outdoors and rock climbing. I live in the most beautiful place in the United States near the Tennessee Valley. I am currently self employed working as a store owner or an online shop. I make and sell home made custom jewelry boxes. I absolutely love cooking, the outdoors and of course arts and crafts. I spend a lot of my free time camping and being creative!

18. Cara

Cara New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello for Illinois! Want to share and learn new knowledge and techniques on survival. You can never be too prepared for a disaster or find yourself in an undesirable situation where these skill are the difference between life and death.

19. Lakeisha Brown

Lakeisha Brown New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I definitely joined to learn more before I head out on my 2nd deployment at the end of this year.

20. Kshitiz Thapa

Kshitiz Thapa New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello I am Kshitiz, living in Minneapolis. I want to learn how to survive, how to thrive when everything else fails. Hoping to learn a lot here.

21. judyd1

judyd1 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello! I'm Judy. My mother, who is 76 years old, calls it "making do". The ultimate survival skill is knowing how to live without electricity or piped-in heat. She knows how to keep warm without electricity or gas from the gas company. She constantly reminds me that people lived without those utilities for thousands of years before big companies figured out they could take a chunk of your paycheck every month. She's right, but we're just so spoiled by modern technology.
    She can cook anything outside in a cast-iron skillet. But she runs to her underground shelter any time a storm blows up. She's pretty self-sufficient, and sometimes I wish I were more like her. She also knows how to shoot and cuss, although she gets on to her grand-kids for doing the same things. She's the family historian, but she can scare me sometimes, too, with her independent ways. Why? Because she's 76 years old, that's why!

dogs of amf likes this.
  22. judyd1

judyd1 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I too, am hoping to learn a few survival skills. A couple of years back, we were encouraged to prepare a "go bag", with a few necessary items needed in case of emergencies. With strange weather patterns, and continental plate instability in a lot of areas, not to mention political issues, the chances of being in an emergency situation has increased. Everyone's go bag would be different, but I imagine a basic med kit, a list of your prescriptions, bottled water, and maybe trail mix or other snacks that don't take up much room and that are high in protein would be just a few of the necessities. What else would you take?

23. franky

franky Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Hello, everyone! I have joined this forum because I think learning some basic survival skills is extremely useful and often overlooked in a world where everything is available to us. Our ancient ancestors knew it, why shouldn't we? :) I always appreciate learning new things and skills, and also sharing my own experience and knowledge with others. I hope we'll have a good time.

24. dogs of amf

dogs of amf New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone. My name's Eva and I was looking into researching survival skills to see if any of them could be adapted to save income and cut down on time. I'm not a survivalist per-se, but hey, I'll try anything once. The skills themselves don't interest me, but analyzing them and figuring out how exactly they work and how they could be improved is fairly interesting. I'd like to invent something for the survivalist market someday.

25. TJames13

TJames13 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi, My name is Julie. I am a 30 year old IT professional currently working from home. I've always had an interest in self-sufficiency and survivalism but haven't done much to explore the topic other than reading books with that theme and watching tv shows and movies. I'd like to think I have a better chance of survival in an emergency than most other people but I'd like to increase my knowledge and perhaps even put some of my new knowledge into action.

26. Kya Cooper

Kya Cooper New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone, my name is Kya. I have always been a survivalist at heart, yet have only recently become completely enthralled with the pursuit of living an off the grid life of self sufficiency. I very much look forward to all that I believe I will learn here, and equally look forward to all that I can share and contribute.

27. Finman0507

Finman0507 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi my name is Toni. I live in a small town in South Africa. Survival techniques and topics interests me a lot. I am glad I could join and can't wait to be part of this forum

28. Christavia

Christavia New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi everyone, I am Christavia and I am a Jamaican. My friends have all been on hiking trips and it always fascinated me. I am currently living in Trinidad and my boyfriend is into camping and hiking so I want to learn all about it as well as share my experiences as we will be going camping soon.

Kya Cooper likes this.
  29. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    If the dollar ever fails, it might be better to just leave the country, I was thinking about that scenario, and I also watched a few documentaries about such an event. I know for a fact that FEMA will come and look for all preppers, you know how these governments want control over everyone within the borders, you are an asset and they want control over you just because you're in the country. I'd be forced to bail out.

30. Vladimir Logos

Vladimir Logos New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi all, I'm Vladimir. Came here to learn some things about off the grid living (do-it-yourself power generators, cheap ways to insulate a small home etc.), but I would also like to hear other people's stories about their near death experiences - had one myself a while back. A big part of my life philosophy deals with self-reliance and self-sufficiency and I am interested in what others have to say about such ideas. Glad to be here and I hope we can all learn some useful and interesting things from each other. :)

31. Sabusan

Sabusan New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I go by Dan. I'm 44 years old and always loved being resourceful and knowledgeable about bushcraft and also traditional ways. I am very much into traditional archery, knife sharpening, deer hunting, boxing, collecting and growing herbs. I like learning new useful skills and hope to get some great recommendations for some of my interests here.

32. Kya Cooper

Kya Cooper New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    If possible, could you post the links to the documentaries to which you are referring, or the names so I can look them up? I can definitely believe that the government would commandeer whatever they needed from private citizens and even make it illegal to not "voluntarily" comply.

33. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    My name is Gavin and I am learning as much as I possibly can about the survivalist lifestyle. I don't want to just post on here, I need to learn as much as possible since living off the grid is one of my life goals.

34. Deshawna Stokes

Deshawna Stokes New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I'm new too and ready to learn more from others. My name Deshawna but you may call me Shawna, I love a lot of things in life I'm willing to share so many post and meet new people with their life experiences.

35. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    Many of those videos you can find on Youtube where people also discuss their opinions on what to do, and what will likely happen if SHTF ever happens, just type in SHTF theories, it's a start. Or even SHTF and FEMA, FEMA camps, you can do many searches on topics like that and just learn about the way of life after SHTF, don't assume being a prepper is your safe haven, the governments have to maintain control over the country for the sake of the future of it, even if it means denying you your rights in National Emergency Situations.

36. rickymuus

rickymuus New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello my name is Ricky and I am a new prepper. Life experiences have taught many of us the importance of preparing for a rainy day and that's why am interested in this forum. I am looking forward to sharing ideas with all of you.

37. mark huang

mark huang New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello guys, I'm just dropping by, saying hi to everyone. I'm new here, anyone wanna give me some tips?

38. a_lady

a_lady New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm Andi, 44 with 3 children. Looking to learn more about living off the grid and providing for my family independently

39. GrecianShamrock

GrecianShamrock New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    My name is Persa, I'm 29 and from MA. I don't know much about the outdoors or survival at all (have gone camping a few times but not much more than that) but would like to learn more and to prepare myself if needed.

40. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I'm 21 years old and I've lived in a few countries. I've done a fair bit of camping and trekking, although it's probably nothing compared to the experience of some of the people here. I joined so that I could learn more about this kind of stuff and contribute when I can.

41. divinemaredi

divinemaredi New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Greetings the name is Divine, I am quite excited to be in this survival community, I have never been on a forum or blog that speaks of this so I'm looking forward to learning new skills, tricks and tips from the wonderful people here!

42. celine

celine New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    heyyy

43. Karen Martin

Karen Martin New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello Everyone: My name is Karen Martin and I am a small business owner and a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 4 that specializes in a lot of different hobbies and activities to stimulate my brain! I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts and hearing your thoughts ans concerns on the Instinct of Survival! Please welcome me aboard, because I am new to postloop and still trying to figure my way around!

44. Linh

Linh New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello, my name is Linh and I have always been fascinated by the survivalist lifestyle and ideology. I have been working out frequently in order to better prepare myself for any possible situations in which I would need to be fit.

45. Tshaka

Tshaka New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello my name is Tshaka Ali Robinson. I am here to learn, share, and be inspired.

46. Adilbert

Adilbert New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm an American, from Ohio, looking to have all necessary skills and tools to protectant preserve my family under any condition that may arise.

47. Average Dave

Average Dave Well-Known Member
      68/93

Blog Posts:
    Howdy all, just moved out of the city. Worked construction, now engineering. Hope to learn new tools and tricks of the trade

48. tacjack

tacjack New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I live in the U.K. and I've been a prepper/survivalist for many years. I learnt quite a bit from 14 years military service and this is the first time I have ventured into forums on the subject.
    I just thought I'd see what others had to say on the subject and maybe chew the fat once in a while.

49. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    good morning and welcome to the forum, i'm in the UK too.

50. tacjack

tacjack New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the welcome Lonewolf. Didn't we have a wonderful summer!