Read this first.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by branchd77, Jan 16, 2016.

Read this first. 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. TheRealFlyness

TheRealFlyness New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello all! My name is Caleb and I am fairly new to posting online forums. Seems like this is a cool group to be involved with! Currently live in Los Angeles originally from the midwest.

2. kenyuda

kenyuda New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Ken, collage student here, and also interested in post apocalyptic situations.

3. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I'm Beth! I'm from Hungary and walking in the nature, camping in the forest and shooting are my passions. Unfortunately here in Hungary it's hard to get a shooting licence and buy guns, so I only use my grandad's old hunter sniper and I can only practice at home because if I'd go out that'd be illegal.
    I'm here to learn more about survival skills, because where I camp there can be danger at some times. And I want to learn about surviving in general because this is one of the most useful things to know in your life.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Captain

Captain Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    How's it going everyone, people call me captain im new here and have always loved anything to do with zombies and survival so I'm happy to learn some new things and share some opinions

5. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Im Neil and Im a Nurse, im not a prepper or a survivalist but i love watching and reading related to survival.

6. Ian Marshall

Ian Marshall Member
      11/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello I've just joined and just dipping my toe in to see how the water feels

I'm living in Colorado and want to experience more of the state and the outdoors
    I yearn to down size and live minimally in the hills in a small cabin

7. Soum

Soum New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi, My name is Soum, I'm 18 years old, I'm a student, I'm from India. I'm new here and to learn new knowledge

8. pebblehill

pebblehill New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:

9. pebblehill

pebblehill New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello All, I have been looking for a site like this, and very glad to meet you all.

10. zahrin md salleh

zahrin md salleh New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I m zahrin. I dont have any survival skill.

11. Rae jarder

Rae jarder New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    From the Philippines, signed up to learn some survival techniques.

12. greymanila

greymanila Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Hi there, I'm new. I live in Manila, and by the way things are getting screwed up over here, I'm achin' to do some preppin'!!!

13. Westbay

Westbay Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone my name is Doink Westbay, I'm so happy to be here.

14. johnd.godinez

johnd.godinez New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello, My nickname´s John D. Godínez, I´m from Chihuahua, Mexico. Since 12 years old an avid enthusiast of camping/survival skills, at 15 I discovered a book from the german adventurer Rüdiger Nehberg titled in spanish language "¡Sobrevivamos!" it literally blew off my mind! , since then, I have been looking for info, new skills and like-minded people, although right now I´m a 24/7 office clerk, I like to keep up with new information and somehow get it into practice.
    Cheers!

15. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm jeager.
    Retired police officer/criminal investigator, degrees in engineering & human
    resources.
    Disabled from police work, 13 serious injuries, back damaged 4 X, 3 concussions
    Retired 2nd time from General Motors.

I ain't stupid or lazy.
    I hunt, fish, garden, shoot, ........................................
    Former P.P.C. champion.
    Practical Police Course shooting.
    3 yards to 50 yards.
    Designated sniper, trained by Smith and Wesson Academy and Carlos
    Hathcock of 93 confirmed kills fame.
    Among others like Massad Ayoob of Lethal Force Institute.
    Mass is a prolific writer on firearms and armed self defense.
    Carlos died of his wounds suffered in 'Nam years after the injuries.
    Burns.
    I'm also trained in UNarmed self defense.
    The best fight is the one you avoid!

16. micky001

micky001 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi everyone, My name is michael and i am here to learn and also share some survival skills, and am looking forward to knowing some of the members here too.
    Thanks.

17. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    @
    micky001

Welcome.
    It's interesting to me that one so young would be on a survival site.

18. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    My name is Isaiah and I actually used to live off e grid with my parents and siblings. Now I currently live in the city and I can't wait to finally start my own family and live off he grid myself. Oh, and I'm a huge survival enthusiest.

19. OnTarget

OnTarget New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello from Canada.

20. Lester

Lester New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello, my name is Lester and I am from India.

21. Inqogn1to

Inqogn1to New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Greetings from Sweden fellow survivors. I'm Kim 30 years old. Looking forward to acquire some knowledge here in the forum and contribute where Im needed.

22. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I'm Neil and I'm a nurse working in the Middle East. My hobby is gardening. I like to watch survival shows and an avid fan of Bear Grylls.

23. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Howdy and a tip-o-the hat!
    First off, since I'm a past Army 82nd Aiborne combat vet, it's fantastic to see so many military veterans in this discussion group!
    Not that I am downplaying anyone who wasn't military, but the one contention I have is that there is no such thing as an x-military person. What we learned will always stay with us no matter what other civilian occupations we might choose to engage in. In short, military people are well trained, like minded people with one basic goal which is to survive at all costs and generally speaking, we do it very well and with deliberate purpose.

All that said, military or not, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here!

Tumbleweed likes this.
  24. Pawlit0

Pawlit0 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi Guys! I'm a mountaineer from the Philippines.

25. AuntB

AuntB Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    Hello! :) I am AuntB from Colorado. I was told about this site from @Bishop who encouraged me to join. Reading through the introductions, it is great to see people from all over the world. This looks like a great site with motivated smart people.

Bishop likes this.
  26. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Hey welcome B

AuntB likes this.
  27. mardukkk

mardukkk New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello.

My name is Andrija and I'm writer and journalist from Belgrade, Serbia. I'm also a camper and bikepacker and I would like to learn more survivel skills. This looks like a right place.

28. John Davis

John Davis Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    My name is John, I grew up in Texas. I have lived in the wilderness for over 5 years now and look forward to many more experiences like these which would help me an incident that is uncalled for.

29. James Roarwick

James Roarwick New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hey ya'll!

this is James. i live in the NC and GA area. Getting ready to go offgrid in my NC place. Wish me luck!

30. Fatduk

Fatduk Active Member
      31/58

Blog Posts:
    Just call me fatduk , I live in North East Indiana. Father of 3 , youngest is 18 , papaw of 3.

Farm raised, woodsruner I Am 54yrs old avaid Hunter/fisherman.
    Into Bush craft survival, prepping

31. SteelyCuddles

SteelyCuddles New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Not sure if I'm doing this right but hi! I'm Cami, currently residing in Utah but fixing to move out to Florida for work. A few of my hobbies would include archery, camping, horseback riding, zombies, sewing, and battling society. The city has softened me, unfortunately, but I'm hoping to learn more in regards to prepping and overall survival in a SHTF scenario. Fascinating topic, if you ask me. :p

32. krazymanjo

krazymanjo New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hey all, the name is Joe, been looking at the site, some really useful information. hope to learn a lot and teach some. up here in the great state of New Hampshire.

33. PCH

PCH New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone. My name is Pete. I live in eastern TN but have lived in many places. My wife and I do some mild prepping (food, water, ammo, etc.) but would like to learn more! Ultimate dream is to buy a secluded cabin on a few acres to be more self sufficient. Good to be here.

34. C.J.

C.J. New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Good morning everyone. Im C.J.

I wouldnt say Im what most would call a prepper. But I do like to try to plan for likely eventualities. My mom and dad were the same way. So now that Im out on my own with my boyfriend and our young special needs son Ive been looking to learn more than I learned from my parents.

Right now we have a house in town and have done what we can to be self sufficient and to prepare for things. But with me unable to work full time because of our son, money is an issue. Though we do what we can.

Thank you for having me. I look forward to reading what is said here.

GS AutoTech, Keith H. and PCH like this.
  35. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day C.J. & welcome to this forum.
    Keith.
    Australia.

C.J. likes this.
  36. Lukebrown42024

Lukebrown42024 New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello i am a new member looking for someone to help me like advice wise

Keith H. likes this.
  37. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Luke & welcome to this forum.
    Keith.

38. MoOz

MoOz New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:

39. MoOz

MoOz New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Newbie...looking for out of the box type prep info...seems I have found it. Elderly, but not dead yet, looking for fairly easy/medium sweat work plans for above ground shelter, sand bags, living on a limestone plate...anybody got any suggetions?
    Now that I'm a member, I'll do some perusing and watch and learn...thanks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  40. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day to you MoOz, & welcome to this forum.
    Keith.
    Australia.

41. Kootenay prepper

Kootenay prepper Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Hi everyone, from B.C. Canada joined to increase my knowledge of different useful skills

Keith H. likes this.
  42. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Kootenay prepper, & welcome to this forum.
    Keith aka Le Loup.
    Australia.

43. Tncastaway

Tncastaway New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hafa Adai (Greetings), I'm Jack and live on the beautiful tropical island of Guam...been here for 17 years. USAF retired, I hunt, fish, shoot, and love being outdoors. Still developing new skills, specialty is tropical jungle...never have to worry about freezing here!

Keith H. likes this.
  44. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day & welcome to this forum Jack. Glad you like the heat mate, 10 years in the tropics was enough for me. I bailed out & am in New England now.

45. Tncastaway

Tncastaway New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the welcome, Keith! I had my fill of ice and snow during my active AF years and gotten too used to my year round shorts and t-shirts. I'm originally an old West Tennessee boy, may head back that way someday.

Keith H. likes this.
  46. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Guam? isn't that the island that "rocket man" threatened? welcome to the forum.

47. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Stacked tires filled with sand make walls that are bullet proof. I knew a person that basically surrounded his small house with tires like this. He then did a second row in front of that wall and filled them with dirt and planted in them. It actually ended up looking rather nice. The tires were free from a tire place that had been paying to have them hauled off.

Mr Boots likes this.
  48. Tncastaway

Tncastaway New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Yep, old Shorty thinks he's got us running scared here but hard to take him serious. He has more people in the mainland scared than he does us islanders...

49. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    your not the only ones he has in his sights, I think he's upset most of the western world with his threats.

50. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Great idea, tire walls for exterior of home. You could paint them whatever colors you desire. One could grow vines on them.

For interior of building: One could use non-mortored paving bricks. Say you have a porch made of bricks set in sand. Or a driveway. Or a walkway, flower bed, ... . Well, these bricks can be sandwiched between heavy plywood sheets held together with exterior 2"x 4"s or bolted together (certainly some center bolts). Such walls can be one layer of bullet-yawing/stopping protection. Gravel sandwiched between flatboard walls can take the energy out of projectiles.

Or just plain old sandbags. Remember to buy the shovel(s) of your dreams. Having worked a lot outdoors, I'm a connoisseur of shovel handle types and blade types. Tools can be your friends, or they can wear you out.

Sandbags by the lot:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=san...mJTYAhXGSCYKHaDZAX4Q_AUICigB&biw=1175&bih=601

This fellow has jerry-rigged a great multi-sandbag filling device:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017