Read this first.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by branchd77, Jan 16, 2016.

Read this first. 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Howler & welcome to this forum. Good to have you onboard.
    Keith.
    New England NSW Australia.

TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  2. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Howler,

A warm welcome to our MSF forum.

I'm sure you'll find it rewarding every time to log in here.

Transmitting from Virginia, USA, the former Lord Fairfax colony

TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Howler, Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

howler likes this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Smack dab in the middle of the USA. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Smack dab in the middle of the USA. Good to have you with us.

6. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:

Sorry. I didn't mean to post this three times. I got an error message when I first posted. Maybe a couple can be deleted.

howler, Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Keith46er

Keith46er Well-Known Member
      70/115

Blog Posts:
    Hello all, Keith46er from upstate NY. The 46er is in recognition of being an Adirondack 46er, having climbed all 46 peaks over 4,000 feet in height. I enjoy learning and improving my survival skills and I hate talking politics. Hope that this site is a good one for sharing survival skills. Looking forward to meeting you all online.

GateCrasher, TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  8. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith46er: Welcome from Missouri. good to have you with us.

Meerkat, howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    Hi all I just joined this site because I have friends here from other forums.
    I'm a married lady.

10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Keith 46er and Meerkat,

A warm welcome from coastal Virginia.

I'm sure you'll both appreciate participating here at MSF.COM.

I'm also sure you'll give us some needed info.

TMT Tactical and Meerkat like this.
  11. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Meerkat: Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical and Meerkat like this.
  12. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the welcome Prag. :). I'll try to give good info too. Soon as I figure out the board.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    Thank you Morgan.:)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. LS55

LS55 Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi from California. And, yes, Californians also want to survive. :);)

15. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. I would certainly hope Californians want to survive. Between the wildfires, drought, and earthquakes you have plenty to prepare for. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I am Nick (Nikola) from Balkans, a trained special forces recon sniper.
    My connection with wilderness began while I was still a little kid because I grew up on a farm surrounded by woods. Everything I learned about nature through life was incorporated into my special forces training after which I returned to my farm and decided to teach others.

17. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

18. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Nick, ESC,

Welcome to the forum.

You have much to offer. I am impressed that you teach others about preparedness.

Transmitting from coastal Virginia.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Smack-dab in the middle of the USA. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome all!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Janette L Hartje

Janette L Hartje New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm a new member & I need help with a question about my past due rabbit litter. I posted it in Animal Husbandry a little while ago. Please let me know if you can help or need more information, ASAP ❣️❣️

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:

I don't know enough to help but I am sure some of out member will be able to assist and will reply shortly.

23. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Janette,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have no knowledge about rabbits but will be on the lookout for any and all material that could help.

Transmitting from coastal Virginia.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    My only experience with rabbit is I let them (2 of them) roaming freely in my little backyard along with all others which include a cat, a reticulated python (in a cage of course) and a turtle.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. Druid

Druid New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello everybody. I am glad to be on this place. I am from Serbia, Balkan. I am 38, full time bowyer, ex-special forces soldier, runing animal sanctuary for horses (and pigs). I am owner of small resort of nature where people come to learn elemental bushcraft and survival skills. Also I am in tracking, people and animals. Cheers!

26. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    welcome to the forum Druid , from the UK.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Druid,

Welcome to the forum.

You've got a strong background in the skills that can help answer questions here.

Again: Welcome to MSF.COM

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. Druid

Druid New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Thank you. I hope that something of my knowledge could be usefull to somebody. And I am sure that I can learn a lot from people of this place.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:

30. Keraz

Keraz New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Helloo, I go by Keraz. I'm mostly interested in perma-semipermanent structures. I can pilot most vehicles (I actually know how to fly a space shuttle). I have a modest food supply, a few guns, etc. Im currently building a clay shelter in the woods by my home.
    I like to think my fall-out plan is pretty solid, I might share it later.

poltiregist, howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  31. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Greetings, Keraz, from our homestead in southern Idaho!

howler likes this.
  32. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Howdy from the PNW!

howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  33. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome Keraz, from the Arizona valley folks. USA

34. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Keraz,

Welcome to the Forum.

Transmitting from coastal Virginia, USA.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Greetings from PA

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. Androm001

Androm001 Member
      21/29

Blog Posts:
    In OK, female, mother of 2 older kids. Have been interested in prepping for years and have been able to get things here and there, but let’s be honest, it takes money to prep. I have always been prepping for a medical emergency however am nowhere near prepared as I should be. I’ve been trying to tell ppl this current virus is going to be bad, but no one wanted to hear it, in the meantime I’ve been stocking. I don’t have enough for years but do have enough for months. I have protection as well but hoping it won’t come to that. Things are getting scarier by the day, but taking it as it comes. Hoping to get tips.

37. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Andom,

First, a welcome.

Definitely get your 2 kids glancing at some of the posts here at the Forum. Surfing around is good for overview.

You're doing everything OK - if I may use this term !

No one is as prepared as they should be. It's part of the human condition in a civilization. If you're set up for months, you are in real good shape.

A basic rule is to talk to colleagues / friends regarding preparedness efforts and why in re the specifics - and then stop. Part of the non-responsiveness is the psychological denial; the colleagues/friends cannot handle the truth.

Preparedness requires getting your 2 kids reviewing what you do as a Prepper. Some appropriate assignments re your plans, your stockpiles, your "on the list to eventually get" will assist all of you.

Ref the medical stuff as distinct from the food: Many of us here have problems getting this. My M.D. cannot even get what is needed for a Hades event. Am mentioning this so as not to feel lonely and neglected.

If "protection" means radio contact to Ft Sill for fire missions, you do have protection !

Again, a welcome to the Forum.

Survivor, Ft Sill

Transmitting from the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:

39. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Hiya', Androm, and greetings from the PNW!

Albertson and TMT Tactical like this.
  40. Albertson

Albertson New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Born in Warsaw, Poland raised in WA. Has experience in enviro-restoration, trail building, welding/fabrication, and automotive/industrial machine repair. Love nature, to craft, and to learn/share skills.

41. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Albertson,

Welcome to the Forum.

You've got a good array of skills.

There's a large town named Warsaw, Virginia near here.

Again, a welcome to the Forum.

42. Holdren86

Holdren86 Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    Greetings from Pa.Dad of 4. Always enjoyed learning about outdoor survival this type of stuff. Have done a minimal amount of prepping. Would love to here advice on how to do it on a smaller budget.

43. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Haldren,

The more of your specific situation - basic location, environment, situation, anticipated perils, etc, that you are comfortable presenting on a public forum will allow many here who can provide tips and pointers on how to prep on a tight budget.

Much of the basics of Prepping can be accomplished with what is already available at your place.

Don't throw anything away - even empty 1 liter soda bottles - until you hear from those also with tight budgets !

44. NoExcuses

NoExcuses Active Member
      43/58

Blog Posts:
    Greetings,

I'm in my early 40s. All my life I've worked low wage jobs. But several years back I became interested in success and personal development. From there I spent the past 6.5 years working on a dream of mine. Finally as I was beginning to gain some traction, they decided to "shut it down."

I was planning on doing prepping when I got rich. I knew there wasn't much time left. I was hoping to succeed at my goal much earlier. But due to messed up parents, it took me too long to get my life straightened out.

Now, recognizing the circumstances we are in, I bought up about a 4-6 month supply of food (mostly quick oats.) I also bought myself some weapons (not guns, I can't afford it, and I live in Canada.) I rent a room in a poorish neighbourhood in a large city. My landlord is a psychopath who believes whatever the TV set says, and isn't prepping at all. Worse yet, his aggressive behaviour towards myself and the female roommate across the hall, is becoming increasingly more worrisome. The female roommate across the hall knows something is fishy, and she has done a small amount of prep, but not nearly as much as me.

I'm thinking that we are headed for anarchy over the next 6 months or so. I'm thinking I'll stay in the city until it gets bad and then maybe head out to the woods with a good survival book. I know that's probably not the best plan, but it's all I've got for now. I don't know what the female roommate will do. Odds are she'll stay living here, though she has other options. I don't have many other options...

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  45. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    unless you have the skills, knowledge and experience to live in the wilds then its not a good idea, could end up being a death sentence.
    I suggest you research Christopher McCandless for an example of what i'm referring to.

Morgan101, NoExcuses and TMT Tactical like this.
  46. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:

The wilds of the wilderness is not a forgiving environment. Unless you have very specific skills, knowledge and equipment, you are just trading one very dangerous environment for a equally dangerous environment. By the time it gets bad in the city, it will be too late to evac. You either plan how you are going to be able to leave the city BEFORE it gets bad or you plan to survive where your are, after it gets bad. By the time it gets bad in the city, all routes out of the city will be death traps.

Morgan101 and NoExcuses like this.
  47. NoExcuses

NoExcuses Active Member
      43/58

Blog Posts:
    I'm familiar with that story, lonewolf. Thank-you.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. NoExcuses

NoExcuses Active Member
      43/58

Blog Posts:
    I can keep buying food, but I don't know how I'm going to keep it hidden. Especially if police and the military, when they get hungry, decide to go hunting door to door for food. Not to mention other trouble makers.

Thanks for the advice though. You are correct in what you say.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. NoExcuses

NoExcuses Active Member
      43/58

Blog Posts:
    Thanks everyone, for not being judgmental that I didn't start prepping earlier.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Hiding enough food and water is going to be difficult. Under the bed is one place but there is no place you can access, that a determined searcher would not find. I doubt the police or the military would be doing the door to door search, without a tip from somebody. Plus the very small amount of food you could stock up on, would not make it worth the manpower expenditure. If you are on a bad footing with your landlord, then first step is to find another place. With the economic down turn projected, there are going to be more people interested in renting out a spare bedroom. Look for somebody that would value your presence, plus your rent money.

NoExcuses likes this.