Read this first.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by branchd77, Jan 16, 2016.

Read this first. 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning NoExcuses,

Welcome to the Forum.

Recommend you spend a week or so reading through this website. Jot down some words/terms getting your interest and then ask questions here.

Prepping is mostly about thinking. Supplies and tools are for later.

This site has many experienced Preppers who started out with low paying jobs and semi-human trash for landlords. Over the decades ...... it's about the same. Instead of landlords, there are county inspectors, etc and the prudent savings accounts are inflated away. Again, you're in an era of history and there's no need for you to self-blame.

Anarchy won't happen because North America is loaded with governments and political organizations.

FWIW; Consider discussing dwelling conditions, preparedness, this website and related with across the hall female roommate. One person cannot carry 4 -6 months of food.

I strongly urge you to heed Lonewolf's above guidance. Stay away from thoughts about retreating to the forests. You're not yet ready. Discuss this with someone.

I am now in the mood for that Canadian apple juice that's fermented and then distilled.

Looking forward to your posts.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

If you are that concerned about your landlord my first priority would be finding another place to live. There must be other places more secure. Sounds like you are sitting on a powder keg. The woods would be the very last option.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    in a rented place collecting more stuff than you can carry is not an option, I have been in this position myself in the past, a more secure rental should be the priority, once that has been found then and only then can someone think about more supplies.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Joe B.

Joe B. Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Hi All, I'm Joe. I'm new to this forum, and looking forward to learning as much as I can.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Joe,

Welcome to the Forum.

Much to learn here.

It will assist to know what you're working on now, eg learning basic first aid/medic stuff, needed hand tools to repair things, etc.

Knowing your basic environment / topography helps frame replies that can have an immediate value to you.

Again: Welcome !

TMT Tactical and Joe B. like this.
  6. Joe B.

Joe B. Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Pragmatist. I'm still new to all this, but worried of worst case scenarios our country may be heading to. Looking to learn all I can about survival/self reliance.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    welcome to the forum Joe.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Eastern Missouri, Joe. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

10. Mr. Rooks

Mr. Rooks New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Greetings, joined this site in order to learn, network and maybe even barter skills and services. Wasn't much of a prepper until recently. This pandemic has of course changed that for me. My skills are mostly in technology (computer networking, programming, engineering) and white hat hacking (osint, pentesting, etc). I also have some basic skills in mechanics, carpentry and electrician work.

I've been hunting and camping but I'm far from being a survivalist expert, which is why I'm here. Aside from some basic survival gear, portable solar power and my tech gear, I'm not fully prepared for a grid down scenario.
    At least not yet anyways.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

12. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Your trade skills are roughly similar with me. Anyway your NOT ALONE being caught off guard by this Great Plague. My own preparedness efforts has been for dealing with building fire, earthquake, tsunami, and flash flood but never for coping with anything in global scale.

Your situation is somehow better than mine. I don't even have any means to generate my own power, not to mention any kind of solar power (photovoltaic or thermal) is rather useless in tropical environment where I live. My expedition setup even powered by Honda rather than by Goal Zero or Anker.

Mr. Rooks and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    welcome to the forum.
    very few people are prepared for a grid down event, so your not alone there.

14. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Mr Rooks,

Welcome to the Forum.

All this is less about the COVID pandemic and more so about overall preparedness. When a state population has only 40% getting an annual influenza strain immunization, be assured the 60% didn't change their hygiene practices for personal or public health matters.

Specific technical skills are less important than thinking and activating thoughts to acquire information and later, knowledge.

Note the FEMA signature line "Prepare for realistic worst case scenarios". The pandemic is not a worst case event but when combined with pending hurricanes, it will separate those prepared from those dialing 911 again and again and again.

Again: Welcome !

Transmitting from the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia.