Recommended boots?

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by branchd77, Jan 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    Which brand of boots do you think will withstand the test of time. I don't want to buy a pair that will fall apart in 2 years or less. Suggestions?

2. Jason

Jason Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    Military surplus, combat boots and jungle boots, jungle boots are very good warm damp weather boots cause they breath very well and dry out quicker, they also have a added bonus of a metal plate in the sole of the boot so nothing can poke threw the bottom.

branchd77 likes this.
  3. Gene

Gene Moderator
      75/93

Blog Posts:
    Me son is a former Marine, I have his boots and they are great. Everything Jason said is great advice.

branchd77 and Jason like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I always swear by ex army boots-available in most surplus stores, I also have Cat(erpillar) boots, I once had a pair of Doc Martens that lasted me 12 years before the upper came away from the sole.

5. James261

James261 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    HI, I wear an all weather waterproof combat boot everyday because they give support to my ankles. Any descent walking boot/shoe should last years, but I would also advise wearing hiking socks. They stop blisters and draw sweat away from your feet, keeping you more comfortable, hope this helps

6. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I have two favorite boots lacrosss knee boots are warm and waterproof ye they are rubber but well made boot get the cleet type not the burly they bad on ice !!second and best are rocky boots. I love my rockies.

7. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Having walked up to 30km per day for a living I went through many pairs of boots!
    Some expensive pairs lasted as little as six weeks! and a few pairs made it past 12 months!
    Longest lasting pair were Regular full leather army boots! but alas they are no longer available!

To make your boots last longer wear thick wool socks to soak up any sweat and change frequently!
    And avoid getting them soaked! as all the boots I have used both leather and synthetic have not lasted much after getting soaked!

8. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Moccasins. Learn how to make your own moccasins, then you will be carrying the pattern on your feet. All modern footwear will break down eventually, you don't want to have to start learning how to make your own after your boots have worn out!!!
    Keith.
    Despite what it says on the video, this is Part One of the series on making Woodland Indian Center Seam Moccasins. You will find the rest of the series on my channel:

Modern boots are noisy in the forest & they leave a distinctive track, neither is desirable in a shtf survival situation.
    [​IMG]

9. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yep I have made like them but with added rubber on the bottom, they work well!
    Yours will probably last longer than the ones I have made as a rubber sole protects the feet more but is not as flexable and it is hard to keep rubber and leather together for long!

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    If you want resistance and a big lifespan I would go with military boots, the ones the soldiers use. They're worth their price, I've had a pair for two years now and they barely show signs of wear. For long distances military boots can get quite rough for your feet so I also have a pair of Under Armour boots that are also really resistant but lighter on your feet.