Reporting From War Torn Areas

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by neoKit, Jun 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. neoKit

neoKit New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    With the rise in abductions and killings, journalists still do go to report from war torn countries like Syria. How do they usually survive the shelling, daily shootings and explosions? I do see others reporting from frontlines not fearing that they may get shot. I think that reporting from countries like Syria is becoming very dangerous. Journalists shouldn't be going to such places in order to save their lives.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    one of the BBC reporters was shot covering I think Iraq or Afghanistan, he's now in a wheelchair.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Usually the reporters tend to stay quite far from where the real action is... understandably so. They don't need or want footage from the fighting (couldn't show it on the news anyway) so they tend to stay in calm places... you know... easier to get interviews and stuff is someone isn't shooting at you. :D

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    yeah apart from the one guy and he copped it.
    I think a couple of cameramen ended up dead though.

5. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    As a journalist there is also a high risk to get killed in Egypt not only in Syria.

Of course, in general journalists risk their lives but there are also other ways to get the footage,
    They could be close to the warzone but actually be interviewing those who are in the warzone and
    these informants might have data that they share and can give to the journalists, such as videos

6. evergreen

evergreen Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    As I've studied in my photography classes, in war areas, the military employs their own camera men who follow troops and document things. They are trained fighters and can be armed. We normally do not see the photos due to a classified nature unless released by the military. Civilians become a distraction and a danger for the military so I agree that they should not be out there getting in the way, and causing unnecessary danger to troops. Let them stay in safe zones.

7. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    As you can get killed walking down the street anymore or by doing the wrong dance club movie resturant its best to be ready at all times enjoy life but dont get careless be aware of whats going on sit close to exits with back to wall dont go alone