Riots And Protection

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 12, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.insurancejournal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11014

Good afternoon all,

The riots are generating interest in insurance coverage.

Link is to blog type comments.

It's good for exposure purposes.

The rich companies are insured to the hilt even if no foreign or domestic terrorism certification. There are other additional arrangements available.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There is now a new form of rioting. It is organized rioting and it is being done for fun.

The name is "street takeovers". Sometimes, certainly not always, looting is associated with this. Innocent drivers in the area get their cars attacked for "getting in the way".

"911 callers plead for help as police 'stand down' during Tolland street takeover, recordings show"

https://www.ctinsider.com/journalinquirer/article/tolland-street-takeover-ct-911-calls-18291570.php

Begin quote

A street takeover earlier this year that enraged a Connecticut community prompted multiple 911 calls, which were met with dispatchers stating they were aware of the incident and police had been told to stand down, recordings of the emergency communications show.

Hearst Connecticut Media Group on Friday obtained seven 911 calls made to dispatchers about the May 21 takeover in Tolland. Up to 100 people and vehicles were involved in the event, with drivers blocking off highway ramps and performing donuts on Route 195 near Interstate 84, police and incident reports have stated.

The 911 callers described the dangerous nature of the takeover, some reporting near crashes and how an angry mob kicked and jumped on one couple’s car who drove through the area where the group was trying to perform stunts.

“Somebody’s going to get killed," one 911 caller said.

But dispatchers gave the callers similar responses.

“We’re aware of this incident. We’ve been told to stand down and not intervene,” a dispatcher said, according to one of the recordings. “There’s something bigger going on that we’re not all aware of that they’re working on and we can’t intervene yet.”

To one caller, a dispatcher said, “We don’t have nearly enough manpower to even begin to address it safely, so we have to do this smartly, and that’s why we’re stuck waiting.”

In front of the Tolland shopping plaza, police watched as cars blocked the path of an ambulance on its way to get gas, officials said. The ambulance, which was damaged, had to turn around and take a different route, officials said.

Another woman alerted dispatchers that the takeover had spilled onto the highway.

“We almost crashed,” the woman said in the call. “They decided to all merge into the exit and they were holding up traffic and it’s pretty bad.”

A man and woman called police around 10:20 p.m., reporting they had just been attacked and the group had destroyed their car.

“My life was threatened,” another woman pleaded in a separate call. “You’ve got to come now.”

Another caller told dispatchers the takeover group would not let him pass, even though he was trying to get to the hospital, the recordings showed.

“Are you going to do anything about it?” the caller asked before telling dispatchers that the group damaged his vehicle. “The guys pounded on it, put a dent in the car, they’re throwing stuff at my car because I’m trying to get by to get to the hospital. They have the whole road blocked off and they’re not letting people by.”

End quote

===================

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      This sort of societal mayhem is why many are applying for concealed carry permits. They fear being dragged out of their cars and then being beaten. The police won't or can't get to you for protection. If you can't protect yourself and your family from these mobs, nobody else will. These takeovers start out as "fun", then pack-behavior takes over and matters go violent.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
      Old Geezer, Sep 10, 2023
    2. Old Geezer
      [​IMG]

The shortest shotguns ("truck guns") are illegal unless you get a Class 3 license from the federal government.

Inside a small vehicle, you are best served with a handgun with multiple magazines or better yet, extended magazines. Ammo capacity counts when there are hundreds of rioters stopping your car. If you hit any of the crazies, then you will be attacked. Buy the best quality handgun(s), because a jam can get you killed.

Old Geezer, Sep 10, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
    3. Old Geezer
      Old Geezer, Sep 10, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    These street take-over "mini riots" are starting to happen (on a smaller scale) in the UK of late.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    "Feral Youth" in the cities have taken to robbing shops for fun, its also happening in tourist areas like the New Forest.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Fun for whom though? It must be utterly terrifying for the shop staff and, if they take the law into their own hands, the Police will arrest them as the easier option than actually doing their proper job of catching criminals.

I recently watched several YouTube videos of this I, naively, struggle to believe this was happening so took a look to see if it really is (it is) and came across a couple of clips from the US where, clearly, shop owners keep guns below the counter with which to drive these criminals away. I was genuinely shocked. What a rubbish world we live in.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the world isnt rubbish, its some people that live in this world that are.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Good point, well made.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    another reason i am avoiding going to some parts of the USA, i used to go to florida every winter not now , it is now safer to go to mexico than florida. in florida i had to live in a gated community , I would read the tampa bay times and the crime rate for a small city was crazy.
    Tampa’s violent crime is way up. What’s the new police chief’s plan? | Editorial

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    LOOK AT THIS

TRAVEL ADVICE: IS CANCUN SAFE? If you're thinking about a vacation and wondering, “Is Cancun Safe?” … the short answer is: the Yucatán Peninsula, including Cancun, Tulum, and the Riviera, is the safest area of Mexico in 2023, according to the US State Department

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    No big city is safe. Even the suburbs have low life critters roaming about. I live in a very rural area but I am always armed. Do I fear these critters, no but I also don't plan to ever be a passive victim. I hope that I will never have to draw my firearm against another human (the term human is debatable) but I will be prepared. just like the normal prepper motto -- "Better to have and not need it, than need it and not have it".

Brownbear likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      " ... (the term human is debatable) ..."

That's for sure! "Civilized is as civilized does." Many savages look human.

Old Geezer, Sep 12, 2023
  11. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Even the areas of Florida that used to be safe, aren't anymore.

Twenty-five+ years ago we went on business trips down to the Tampa area. It was pretty darn safe back then. Things have changed. The crime map included in this post show the areas we visited to be dangerous now. One conference in Orlando, the sponsors simply rented all of the MGM Studios Theme park. We could simply go to whichever part as we wished. They also had booked several bands for different locations around the park. Now, THAT was one safe venue. Nowadays, I'd avoid Florida as a tourist.

As to Cancun, it's getting unsafe for tourists. Past 5 yr., had a coworker who was going to some Cancun resort. I told her that they stood to get robbed. She brushed me off. They went. They got robbed.

"Here's Why Americans Should Be Wary of This Popular Vacation Destination
    The area is becoming increasingly unsafe."

Apr 4, 2023 12:07 PM EDT

https://www.thestreet.com/travel/cancun-crime-mexico-tourism-advisory

Begin quote

Four bodies were found on the beach of Cancun's hotel zone in Mexico this week, according to officials.

The identity and nationality of the bodies have not been disclosed. This comes just one week after an American tourist was shot in the nearby beach town of Puerto Morelos down the coast.

The bodies were located on the Kukulkan Boulevard area of Cancun, a popular tourist destination for spring breakers. Authorities originally located three bodies on Monday, then found a fourth one in the "undergrowth on the same lot," according to ABC News.

Cancun has not historically been known for much crime. Travellers Worldwide rates Cancun as "one of Mexico's safest vacation cities" as of 2022.

"While the city of Cancun itself may have crime, the resorts are typically extremely safe. In fact, many even have their own armed guards. Once you get toward areas like Riviera Maya and Costa Mujeres, the crime rates plummet," the site says.

"As long as you take the usual precautions such as not wandering out at night and staying on your resort, your stay should be worry-free."

But this has been changing, as local crime spills into previously insulated tourist enclaves.

The U.S. State Department and the Texas Department of Public Safety issued a travel alert in March, warning Americans about traveling to the neighboring country. The warning came after four Americans were kidnapped while in Tamaulipas, a Mexican state that borders much of southern Texas. Currently, Tamaulipas has a "Level 4: Do Not Travel" advisory.

End quote
    -------------------------------------------
    Anywhere in Mexico, stay within the resort areas. Never venture out. Gangs are taking-over Mexico.

"These Are The Areas You Should Avoid When Visiting Cancun To Stay Safe"

https://thecancunsun.com/these-are-the-areas-you-should-avoid-when-visiting-cancun-to-stay-safe/

"There are a number of incidents in recent months that have led the U.S. State Department to issue warnings about visiting Cancun.

"Aggression from taxi drivers due to the entry of Uber into the market and the mistaken kidnapping of tourists in far-flung Tamaulipas are two recent incidents that have led to the warning.

"There are four neighborhoods specifically that are considered the most dangerous, which include:

• Bonfil
    • Tres Reyes
    • Santa Cecilia
    • Valle Verde
    "Homicides are more common in these areas, and people passing through are subject to being robbed. "

-------------------------------------
    Crime map of Florida

The red areas are to be avoided. The map looks way too red for me. Note that red areas (dangerous) lie directly next to green (safe) areas. This is why civilized folk in Florida get home invasions -- they're too close to savage areas.

upload_2023-9-12_19-1-9.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Rural areas and national parks in rural America are safe to visit. If camping, it would be good to scout the place and areas surrounding for those who look sketchy. Drunks and rednecks are bad news. Sometimes crazies try to set-up permanently in forestry camps. This is illegal and they are always a horrid bother to rangers and game wardens.

Paul Harrell (a YouTube shooting expert) and his wife were attacked while camping. The nutcase tried to run them over with his pickup truck at high speed. On one of the crazy's passes, Paul nailed him with an AR-15. All charges were dropped against Harrell when the facts came out. Lawyers' fees set him back.

TMT Tactical likes this.