Sanitary Related And More

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by Academy-A-wart, Mar 21, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Academy-A-wart

Academy-A-wart Well-Known Member
      70/115

Blog Posts:
    Sanitation: My wife and I are low income seniors at 70+ years in a rural area. We don't have a well and use a 3000 gallon cistern so we try to conserve water. We've been buying rubbing alcohol for a long time to save water. Pump bottles were easy to find on evilbay. We go to the store to get some food and some HOGS have bought up all the TP and rubbing alcohol. If we find any we just buy a normal amount (about 4 quarts per month), not a whole case. I'm thinking that preppers must have a lot more money than we do. The HOGS make it tough for everyone else. I'm thinking - who wants to survive in a world full of pigs ? Prep with consideration for others :(

Next: Everybody want's to be immune from this Covid virus. Did you know that bright outdoor lighting coming into your bedroom at night lowers your resistance ? This is because your body cut's back on it's natural production of Melatonin which is a powerful antioxident. Melatonin keeps your immune system working at peak performance. You can buy it in the supplement section of a store, but it's not as good as what your body makes. Turn off your outdoor lighting if you can or ask the electric company to at least shield it. The cost of your electric bill will drop if you can just turn it off. Keep a flashlight by your bed. Thanks for reading.
    :)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. JimLE

JimLE Expert Member
      198/230

Blog Posts:
    im on a very tight budget my self.I've been mostly taking very small step's. and one at a time.in which I've been doing that a few year's now. I have a reasonably good supply in food. water.first aid supplies.Toilet paper. paper towels. among other items.but yet my next grocery shopping trip won't be untill the 6th of next month.i wonder what it'll be like.especially with what ive been hearing from other's that live in my area.right along with I've been seeing.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Academy,

Hadn't seen other posts of yours, so let me say Welcome to the Forum.

Madam and I are both 73, haven't had folding $ since Hillary was First Lady. We live in a rural county in a forest shared with ticks, snakes and deer.

In any emergency, there will be massive stockpiling /hoarding. It's a common trait in the US. The Prepper philosophy is to routinely build essential stockpiles on a year-round basic with a focus to purchasing items on sale. Per your example, it is really better to get the entire case of the rubbing alcohol. You are NOT helping the unprepared, drifting, panic-customers seeking the same.

"HOGS" are like mosquitoes. They are routinely present, less cold weather. The idea is to work around the hogs/mosquitoes. "HOGS" do NOT make it tough on everyone. During this emergency, my shopping is just routine perishable refrigerator stuff. The other items, like our health care products have been here well prior to the last hurricane season....and refurbished on a routine basis. Already having the inventories allows for peace of mind - AND COST SAVINGS !

There are so many variables to the human body that Melatonin is a minor matter, at most. A senior citizen with a weakened immune system has a different approach. Someone with a disease or remnant of one, also has issues well ahead of Melatonin. Those with overriding health issues I would not advise to get any supplements other than fully reviewed by others eg physician. It could interfere with routine RX medications being taken.

Electricity purchasing in Virginia is DIFFERENT. My Dominion Energy bill will NEVER go down !

Yes, a flashlight next to me. During emergencies eg hurricanes, a small, powerful flashlight clipped to my sweatshirt.

What area of the fruited plain do you write from ?

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Academy, NOTE: Yellow print does not show up on some forum settings. I had to highlight your post to read it. Just an FYI.

5. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    That yellow font makes your text impossible to read on a light background.

TMT Tactical likes this.