Schools And Outdoor Learning

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.edsurge.com/news/2020-10-05-what-if-schools-viewed-outdoor-learning-as-plan-a

Good morning all,

Per ...

It's a somewhat too long of an article on groups seeking outdoor learning arrangements.

I support this. My view mirror what Ten Strands CEO Karen Cowe presents.

One reason we Americans are far from being a Prepper nation is that too much is a sheltered existence.

Besides the needed academics, the outdoors also teaches basic / intro Prepper skills like clothing appropriate for the current outdoor environment.

Must now look up - Rutherford, New York - ... it's in the 1911 picture. Is it a name of a big city area ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Rutherford is actually Rutherford, New Jersey.

It's about 8 miles west of midtown Manhattan.

Didn't think that 1911 picture with the prominent skyline of big buildings was an upstate New York dairy area.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont think there is much outdoor learning over here, what there is I think is confined to the junior schools, the younger children, there was a time when "forest schools" were all the rage but that was a fad and little is heard of them now.
    of course covid had put paid to anything like this now.

TMT Tactical likes this.