Scorpions In The Neighbourhood

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by neoKit, Jun 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. neoKit

neoKit New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    How can one keep scorpions away from their home? I have never lived in an area full of scorpions. I do read and have watched videos about scorpions.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have seen a lot of scorpions, but never had any trouble with them. The tend to live under rocks, so I try to choose a camp site free of scorpion sized rocks. I clear the camp area, checking under any rocks that may hide a scorpion. I have never had a scorpion in the house, only snakes.
    Keith.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    We have no scorpions in our place but if there is, I'm sure we can drive them away with insecticide spray. When we were in Bangkok and we sampled the cooked insects sold by the street vendor, we asked where he gets the insects. The scorpions are from a rocky mountain with small caves inhabited by scorpions. They catch the insects using a net. Yes, insecticides can kill scorpions according to the vendor because they are insects like spiders and crickets that are also in his cart for sale.

I asked about killing scorpions because sometimes we go on a camp out in deserted places particularly grassy fields that are ideal for pitching tents. Our usual enemies are the big red ants and sometimes mice but never scorpions... yet.

4. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    Are scorpions really that dangerous? I have heard of them, but I never really heard of someone talking about somebody dying because of a scorpion sting. I never done any research on this topic either. I think of them like roaches or something, they may look disgusting, but they are harmless. Is this true or are they poisonous beast? Anyone know?

5. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I have not encountered a scorpion but I know that they are poisonous and have a very painful sting. People have a general fear of arachnids and am guilty as charged especially when it comes to spiders some of which are harmless. The easiest way to avoid scorpions around the home is to get rid of their hiding sites which include stones in the compound as well as other items which have been lying idle in one place for a long period of time.

hades_leae likes this.