Seems The The Whole Fricking World Just Went On Full Alert.

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Sourdough, Jul 2, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Bump to jump start the thread.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    https://www.drudgereport.com/ has the most recent news on it, so far... as of this afternoon, July 1.

At the moment the first three headlines/links on that site are titled:

DRAMA: Pence abruptly cancels event, stays in DC...

Will find out why in a 'few weeks'...

Putin calls urgent Kremlin summit...

EDITED TO ADD:
    Hmmm... all those headlines and links to their stories are now GONE.

Well, that was quick. I don't recall Drudge Report ever doing that before. Usually, the headlines move DOWN the list to make room for the latest news, but not completely GONE in the same few hours they went up.

Morgan101 likes this.
  4. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Grizz'Girl.

5. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Where do you'all go for breaking news. or wild breaking speculation. It SUCKS that we can't trust anything.

Morgan101 likes this.
  6. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia just lost 14 sailors on one of their nuclear submarines, reason for Putin meeting. Pence recall, I have no idea.

Morgan101 likes this.
  7. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:

I like https://www.refdesk.com/ which is a compilation of many news sources from around the world (see the list partway down the homepage, on the right side). I also enjoy the gazillion reference sites on there too.

I scan headlines and take it ALL with a grain of salt, but first I usually hit https://www.drudgereport.com/ which is a news aggregator website that consists mainly of links to news stories from other outlets. They are amazingly fast about picking up news from every conceivable part of the world. A good place to go if you are in a hurry and don't have time to dissect everything from scratch.

I don't go to Huffington Post unless equipped with a barf bag, lol. They are worse than CNN. Much, much worse. You have been warned, lol.

8. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Rumor is this is tied to the Russian Sub that just had an "Accident" . There are some suspicious oddities about this Russian sub "accident". The Ruskies are claiming that the sub was taking depth measurements in Russian Territorial waters with 7 captains aboard and 2 heroes of Russia. I call BS to all of that. First off the Russians have charted every inch of the bottom in their territorial waters and many other areas all over the world. Also, why seven captains on one sub? Two Heroes of the state? What the hell were they all doing on board a special submarine?

(The submarine, officially classed as the AS-12 “Losharik”, is designed for operation at extreme depths and is believed to be designed to cut or tap undersea communications cables.)

Was this a defection? Something more nefarious? Hunt for Red October?

Morgan101, Radar, Sourdough and 2 others like this.
  9. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
  10. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Sonofliberty likes this.
  11. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Interesting comment from one of the readers of the news article at the last link posted above...

"Just a wild guess, but it appears that the study of the seafloor is actually attempting to splice into overseas phone and data lines carrying critical and highly sensitive information that is shared by the West superpowers."

12. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Oil dropped 5%...that is a big drop. Gold and Silver are up again.
    Gold over $1400 per ounce. ( Gold $1431.80/oz a9ee106baee17c13de6aa6127c88151f.gif 13.10)

This usually calls for manipulation in a big way. Last time this happened they were pushing for war with Iran and a drone was shot down and some tankers exploded. What will come now? Will they blame Iran for the Russian sub problem? Seems hokey. Isn't Iran an ally of Russia? Russia is a huge producer of oil and gas. World wide price drops could easily push them to make false flag events as well to push prices back up ...Da?

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  13. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Interesting.......a total crew of 25 men, 14 lost, of the 14 lost 7 were captains, and 2 were state heroes.

TMT Tactical, Radar and LastOutlaw like this.
  14. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would say that is highly likely, and something that would trigger alarm at the head of many countries.

15. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a bit more on oil prices:
    Saudi oil minister saying Iran going to disrupt the global supply of oil. Said action must be taken. Israel preparing for US military action against Iran.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia had a total Sub crew lost near (I think) Norway just a few years ago, maybe two years ago.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
  18. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical, Radar and Sourdough like this.
  19. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-us-navy-fears-russias-submarines-33211

Why the U.S. Navy Fears Russia's Submarines
    “You know, Russia is not 10 feet tall, but they do have capabilities that keep me vigilant, concerned.”

The Pentagon is reiterating that while Russia’s surface naval forces are not a major threat to the United States Navy, the Kremlin’s undersea forces represent a serious challenge not only for Washington but for America’s NATO allies as well. Russia’s undersea forces can not only challenge allied seapower, but can strike across Europe and even the continental United States with submarine-launched cruise missiles.

“You know, Russia is not 10 feet tall, but they do have capabilities that keep me vigilant, concerned,” Adm. James G. Foggo III, commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe, told reporters on Oct. 5. “One of them is in the undersea domain.”...

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  21. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    SOMETHING BIG IS BREWING: MIKE PENCE DIVERTED TO D.C. AS RUSSIA & E.U. ALSO CALL EMERGENCY MEETINGS

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  22. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    EDITED TO ADD: Hmmm... all those headlines and links to their stories are now GONE.

Well, that was quick. I don't recall Drudge Report ever doing that before. If I recall correctly, the headlines move somewhere DOWN the list to make room for the latest news, but never completely GONE in the same few hours they went up.

Somebody/something shut them up in a hurry.

LastOutlaw and TMT Tactical like this.
  23. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning IBME,

For certain specific breaking news, I check the insurance sites. Less the war-risk policy holders, those with insurance coverage lose the coverage involving "war or acts of war, declared or undeclared...".

It takes a little experience but it separates the lamb-stream media trash from the real world events.

It's probably a completely different event. About 15-20 years ago the Soviets (?) or Russians (?) lost their sub Kurst in the Barents Sea. It was reported that nearby was the US hospital boat USS Memphis (SSN) and the floating R&R contractor-operated boat USNS Loyal. Both US vessels pulled into to NATO Norway immediately after Kurst was reported lost.

An addendum re the insurance portfolio; A couple of years before Deepwater Horizon, BP was enroute to drill offshore Southeast Asia in waters BP considered to be Vietnamese territorial sea. The project manager was approached by an official of the Chinese coastguard. The Chinese official told BP that China claims the waters BP sought to drill in and permits were required from China. The Chinese official told BP that China could not stop BP from proceeding with their exploration but China could not guarantee the safety of BP personnel.

BP decided not to drill in this area.

24. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Last Outlaw,

Re: "Isn't Iran an ally of Russia?";

Officially speaking, it's pending". The BIG alliance of significance is SCO, the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, now based out of Beijing. Iran currently has observer status and applied for membership. Because of the UN sanctions SCO will not let Iran join as a full member. China stated that once the UN sanctions are lifted China will support Iran joining SCO. Russia mimics this policy.

In practical terms: of course, they are allies.

25. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    At this point I'm pretty sure this whole thing is not directly related to Russia or their submarines but Iran and oil prices and their threats to block the Straight of Hormuz and or stop oil shipments through that area. This is directly related to the sanctions placed on them by the Trump administration. I know there have been discussions in the EU about working around our sanctions because the EU made huge investments into Iran after Obama made his deal with Iran and his use of unsigned documents and pallet loads of CASH that were flown out of the US. The whole thing was a sham to make money in the newly opened financial and oil sectors of Iran by the EU globalists. Recent meetings with UAE by Pompeo and sabre rattling in Israel and other areas as well as reports of US fighter/bombers being prepared in the Middle East are a pretty sure sign that Iran is what this is all about. To be honest if Russia scuttled an American submarine using one of theirs with a torpedo I would be totally surprised. I think in that case there would be serious repercussions by the US. The chance of Russia having two separate submarine issues at the same time would be against the odds as well.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  26. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

Agree...and well said...well said..

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.
  27. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    This article is gas lighting....for the purpose of generating fear and insecurity...for dollars....monies for more boats...

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-us-navy-fears-russias-submarines-33211

I've worked Virginia Class submerins...Los Angeles class...also the last of the older 637 class attack submarines.

I've also worked on Boomers...ICBM boats.

Someone out here always needs America and Americans afraid of everything...thus you will support more military...spending.

But don't worry....the left too is for more spending...on give away programs for votes.

The question you folks need to keep your eye on is how you want to be put into more economic bondage...loss of economic liberty.......by more military spending..or more freebee give aways for votes..either way you are going to be put into economic bondage....loss of liberty and freedoms to support two phony systems.

Someone needs us scared of the Russians.....forever...or the Chinese..or anyone else they desire...or need politically at the moment...the Iranians...pick one ..pick two or more??

Let me tell you something about fear and thinking....

Want to know something about Russia.....go to any car dealership in your city or town and find a Russian made car??? Go ahead ..do it...!!

You don't have to go physically..you can use the internet.

Find a Russian made Cell phone...laptop....refrigerator...furniture..television....clothes....and a plethora of items....you will not find them.

Super powers can do this ..because a super power is an economic super power first...not a military super power.

Someone out here needs us to be scared of the Russians so that they can Herd us.....constantly...and forever.

Putin wants and needs something from Trump and Company/America and someone in the deep State still needs for Russia to be perceived as the Enemy ....to keep us properly herded...affrighted.
    This strategy of the deep state gets olde after you have long enough seen it in operation.

Once you begin to grasp that ...you realize the con men are here in America .in the deep state...and not in Russia.... per se.
    Ishmaelites run wild.

Someone is pulling this scam off on both the Russian and American people and have been so doing since the end of WW2.

Creating a Frightening super power which does not exist..

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

coffee, LastOutlaw and TMT Tactical like this.
  28. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I really don't think Russia is much of a threat. China militarily is more of a threat but they need our trade to keep their economy running so in the end they aren't a threat either. Russia being a huge exporter of oil and natural gas makes them more likely an ally in the need to push oil prices back up. Therefore, I don't see them trying to stop anyone from shutting down Iranian oil production even if they are a small ally to Russia. More likely a Russian pawn than a genuine ally. In the end it doesn't look good for Iran. I think if the people there rose up again against their leaders like they did during the Obama administration that DJT would jump right on in there and help them overthrow. Maybe not in the first person but I could see them assisting or using another country to do so like Israel or the UAE.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  29. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Last Outlaw,

Perhaps not MUCH of a threat...but,still...spray the bear with repellent and could not the bear hint that LPG to Germany will stop ? There goes some US business "interests".

China is still the largest holder of US bonds. Of the millions of trashy utterance she made, First Lady Hillary was recorded at a national labor meeting saying "It's hard to threaten your creditor".

My guess is that Iran is pending a breakup with some nations splitting the oil and gas fields.

30. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Anything is possible. Remember Iraq was taken down over a lie (WMDs) and the President kept harping on 911 as the war raged on even though Iraq had nothing to do with 911. Every time 911 was mentioned during the Iraq war I kept wondering WTH? If you repeat the lie enough after awhile some people just accept it as truth even if they know better. Why was Libya attacked?
    Why was it that Ghadaffi was taken out? What was the spin? He was even helping us fight terrorism. Where did all of his gold go? I'm pretty sure that the Clintons and Obamas made out like bandits on that little usurping of a throne.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    War is almost inevitable. the question is what the scale of that war will be and who exactly will fall on what sides. Basically, this has been one of the longer periods that there wasn't some sort of war going on. I'm not counting the crap in Iraq and Afganistan because they were basically just the US and UN responding more or less together against terrorism. The wars I'm talking about are basically the ones where the BIG powerful nations line up against each other on a small scale battlefield and play at small scale war in the small countries. Korea wasn't about the Koreans. It was the US and China having war games where neither of them had to worry about any civilian casualties IN THEIR COUNTRY. Vietnam was the same game with the Russians having some limited involvement.

Their little brushfire wars seem to be the way countries relieve stress and divert the attention of their civilian populations into controlled areas. Times of peace are when political tides can suddenly change and those in power suddenly are in trouble. The USSR couldn't deal with peace. When they got out of Afghanistan the focus of their population was suddenly focused on the government and like an ant caught in the focus point of a magnifying glass in the sun they suddenly just popped.

I suspect that the Government of Iran is rapidly approaching this problem and their response will be to start a limited war. The major players in the militaries of the world all have a lot of new toys that they REALLLLY want to play with and test under fire so if this happens everyone with pick up sides and tries out their new stuff. I suspect that the US and Russia are both in need of a little diversion to settle the tensions inside each country so sadly this sort of thing is seen at the highest levels as a good thing to do.

In the US I generally use racial tensions as a predictor of how our government responds to threat. We have been building tensions for over a decade and if this isn't relieved it could get out of control. You would have thought that electing a black President would have improved things but instead, it seemed to make it many times worse. what war does is redefine us and them. during times of peace, those definitions are divisive in a nation but when you are in a fox hole you KNOW exactly who is us and who is them. and that lasts for almost a generation. The Racial issues in the US are government sponsored and caused but if they let it get out of control it will bite them in the but so it is time for a "distraction."

I don't have much fear of the Russians. If you will look at their history in recent years they are not in an expansion phase. Much like the Chinese they are having a pretty nice run economically and seem to be able to feed their people well for the first time in a long time. I don't think any of the big three right now want anything that will severely disrupt the trade and economic prosperity that is going on but a little entertainment may be good for those in power in all three nations.

Sadly these little wars are much like the controlled burns that we do here in Texas. Periodically the Forrest service sets fire to the underbrush in the forests and lets it clear things out. California refuses to do this and that is why they get burned up so often. When you have had a good year with plenty of rain you can burn the brush in the forest and the trees are not burned. If you let the brush get thick the next time it gets a little dry you have a forest fire. I think that the world is about to have a controlled burn...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Just for the hell of it...I have a BAD feeling about tomorrow!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Last Outlaw,

Definitely remember Iraq and the "WMD's". What I definitely remember is that "WMD" became a cloudy issue here in the States because of what's now called "Gulf War Illness". This was the "curve ball" that allowed many Americans to go along with the Bush 41 theme.

The Gulf War Illness generated reports referencing Sarin gas and depleted uranium. I have heard of Iraq loading anthrax into artillery rounds - although with the trash I read, who know who loaded what.

In reply to the Ghadaffi spin: Armand Hammer's Oxy Petroleum Corp had a nice annual report.

34. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Real good essay.

Just want to say I also don't have much fear of the Russians ... with the however when combined with the Dragon ... not fear: just major "concerns".

I've been following the 2014 loss of Malaysian Flight 370 scheduled from KUL to Beijing COMBINED with following the 2014 loss of Malaysian Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine after departing Amsterdam enroute to KUL.

What was the message ? What was the lesson learned ? - presuming anything was learned -

The bear and dragon can effectively close down western Europe's civil airline business. This would be felt in London, Paris, Amsterdam, New York, Houston and Chicago ... only hours after.

This is my "concern". I admit I'm no optimist.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    There is a fire on a Russian deep sea Sub and everyone starts to talk about WW3?? WTF?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The global alert underscores the importance of being a prepper . Our lives can change in one day or depending on the crises one second .

37. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    and I thought I was paranoid?:rolleyes:

Radar, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  38. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    @poltergeist is correct. Our lives can and have changed in a day.
    I refer to the assassination of the Austrian archduke, Franz Ferdinand and his wife, on 28th June 1914 by Bosnian revolutionary, Gavrilo Princip. The attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7 1941, The attack on the World Trade Center on Sept. 11.
    While these things may not have directly affected everyone they were all triggers that easily could have caused a need to prep or resulted in the need to get into one's preps. If someone set off a few EMPs all in a day and it shut down huge sectors of the US grid we all know what would be the results. To be honest most of the issues we prep for can be noted a bit in advance by keeping track of world events.

39. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    when all these things happened, or anything similar, is NOT the time to prep, the time to start prepping is now!

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  40. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Pretty sure everyone here is.

41. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    As you know.

There is a clear distinction between prepping and "Going Code RED" eminent risk to life. Prepping is having immersion suits for all humans aboard a boat, that is being prepared.

This thread is about that point where the passengers ask, "What the hell is going on, and where exactly are the immersion suits stored....???

This thread is evidence humans have learned, they can't trust their Governments, or any public news source. This thread is good and has value because it vividly illustrates that if one is fully prepared, there still exists a massive void in timely accurate honorable information as to the magnitude of the problem.

42. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    A lot of their chemical weapons went to Syria.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  44. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Were they talking about "captains" in the Navy sense or were they talking about a rank that is between Lieutenant and Major. Sometimes things don't go well in translations. In Russian, I doubt that the words for these two different captains are the same word.

My sense of trouble isn't totally on an international level. The 4th of July is an American holiday. There are tension here that could "blow up" pretty easily.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  45. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  46. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Whatever the situation is that brought on the alert , the fact governments are keeping the situation a secret indicates it is something very serious . Most likely reason to keep people from finding out what is going on is to avoid public panic .

47. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Does anyone know where this sub was at when it caught fire ? Think about it , what we know a sub staffed with a lot of high ranking personal , catches fire , global leaders rushing to have secret meetings . I can think of only one scenario that makes sense and it is very bad .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I think it’s all a big “nothing burger” except for the loss of life. Shit’s always going on that we don’t know about. It’s when events like what happened to the Russian sub makes the press people pay attention, but right now there are perhaps many hundreds of subs lurking in the oceans around from a good two dozen countries.

49. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Maybe they spotted my "Mother Ship" orbiting. I will have to check into that.

Radar and Alaskajohn like this.
  50. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I bugged out. Just to be on the safe side you understand.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.