Selected Nuke Survivors

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by poltiregist, Sep 4, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The U.S. government has preselected whom will be able to enter at least some of its fallout shelters . I know of at least one shelter that was funded by every day hard working tax payers . But the politically connected in that county have already selected whom will get to enter . The structure has strong metal doors with a peep hole and intercom system to make sure no ordinary working people enter . Of course the selected includes the mayor and his family . There might be some open to the public fallout shelters but I wouldn't expect for them to have much in the way of beds or food . I just wonder how many ordinary people are naïve enough to think they will be able to run to a public fallout shelter and survive ?

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  2. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The gene pool selected for survival in my opinion is for from earths best .

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    its always the elite never the ordinary person in the street.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Polt,

Are there any remaining functioning public FALLOUT shelters ?

Even the current emergency shelters are typically only a school gym floor for cots and rest room facilities that are completely inadequate. Do you know of anyone who recommended that emergency shelters get additional janitorial staff for restroom cleaning and maintenance ? You do. How do you say "ignored" with a rural accent ? Showers for the filthy sweaty and the sick ?!

Public shelters are supersaturated with the sick, the disabled, the injured,...nothing uncommon about this. The public sector shelters for hurricanes ........ don't even think of nuclear fallout ! are minimal at best.

It's been a few years since Fukushima and their nuclear emergency and we've learned much about sheltering. The key to this is me defining "We". A few of us studied Fukushima and were ignored.

Unless personal situation and environment dictate otherwise, recommend to shelter in place or in an environment that will avoid illness.

As an aside; We preppers know the other meaning of "UPS" ... not the famous delivery company, but "Uninterrupted Power Supply". Like just about all else, UPS requires maintenance and the shelter enrollee from the Georgetown University faculty really shouldn't be relied on for guidance on how to get the darn thing working again.

Much public sector reform needed.

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  5. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have been in government designated public fallout shelters , but not recently . They were in one cave and one small post office cellar . I never saw one bed or one bite of anything to eat . The only one that had beds , food , air filters and radiation detectors was the one I described for the selected survivors .

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    When I worked for the DOD/USACOE the Dams I worked at (concrete monolithic style/flood control) were still posted and classified as Civil Fallout Shelters, but there was nothing there that would assist any survivor. There were still some 1950's -1960's Geiger counters, but no water, food, blankets, etc. etc.. Spending any time in the bowels of any of those dams would make healthy people sick from the cold dampness. If nuclear war or accident comes to you, shelter in place. You'll live longer.

Dale

7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I wonder if there are any climate change shelters?!
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    K, The US government thinks there being sneaky in where and how there shelters are built. West Virginia is and has always been a prime site to have there "nuke shelters" built given it's elevation, water sources and geologically stable build sites. All of the new "shelters" are referred to as bunkers, so they have a military designated purpose and "national security" designates who gets in. Bad joke.

Dale

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    The Nuclear shelters are a joke, on the rich and powerful. They will be saved simply to starve to death or be killed later. Since they do not know how to do anything except talk, once they leave the shelter, they will not know how to feed themselves and all the workers will either be dead or will kill the surviving politicians once they are discovered.

Morgan101, poltiregist and Old Geezer like this.
  10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The elite are not elite.

Those who imagine themselves elite should have their bones ground into powder.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Better built homes

And oh by the way, if you've built on the beach, the flowers I grow are not for your grave.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Bro, I don't know about all of the nuke shelters, but if the government ones are all built in a similar fashion they won't be eating there usual fare but they will be eating, drinking, showering, etc. for years. The Greenbrier facility is long defunct, but it has been more than replaced.

Dale

13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Improvised shelters will work. One Japanese engineer got burned-bad-radiated at BOTH Hiroshima and Nagasaki and lived to be well over 80 years old. He got real sick with radiation poisoning, but obviously it didn't kill him.

If you have a basement that is surrounded by dirt on two sides -- better yet, three -- you can improv your way out of a lot of radiation exposure. Build your shelter in the basement will heavy plywood roof, have many supports / heavy saw-horses, cover its roof with paving stones. Before the SHTF use paving stones in walk-ways and flower garden enclosures. The walls of your basement without dirt beyond, i.e. exposed, build a masonry wall on that side of your improv shelter. With even this stupid make-do, you'll provide you and your family protection. At my age, I'll just fill reinforced book shelves with dirt. I'll be getting a dirt blanket in the not-too-distant future anyway.

When we were kids, we knew where all the caves were. One of our "clubhouses" was a cave. We carpeted it, no joking; our carpet had backing; we built shelves. This was grammar school times.

I remember the Cold War times. When JFK got shot, we were let out of school. We had the nuclear drills, all that.

All preppers should have their iodine pills -- should I say "iodide"?. One type is better than the other, so I have both types. Have'm for the grandkids. Have calcium tablets also. Calcium citrate is an easily-absorbed calcium.

14. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise I would not want to go anywhere near a Government shelter. If the county mentioned is building one for their political elite it is criminal, and they deserve what they get. Find the fresh air access, and block it. Stop up the plumbing, and see how long they last. If the Government is going to provide shelter it should be for everyone.

A Government "shelter" is just that, shelter; more than likely just four walls a roof and floor. We all know there are several more components in the process needed to keep you alive. Pragmatist makes a great point about the sanitation and health issues.

Keith: I think there are climate change shelters, but we call them caves. They probably don't have great lighting, but the temperature is pretty constant. Find one with running water, and you are golden.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.