Shark Art; Marine Biology Focused

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 4, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...et-dinner-bumming-food-hard-hunting-whitetips

Good morning all,

Per ...

It's a good article to learn something about sharks.

What got my attention was a different subject buried in article.

The author is introducing readers to some pending change I'm not up on.

Note the word in phrase: "GANGS of hordes of gray reef sharks".

Middle America got introduced to the use and misuse of language by Professor S. I. Hayakawa, believe of San Francisco area, PDR of California.

The other Californian, retired US Senator Diane Feinstein helped coin the term "assault rifle". US Paratroopers used to make airborne assaults with the M1A1 (folding stock) carbine - but language use can be manipulated.

After reading some Hayakawa (Nothing to do with high school of college where my time was wasted), I once had a letter to the editor of a national newspaper published explaining the misuse of "guerilla" for "terrorist". Traditionally, the guerilla was a soldier using special dress, gear and equipment for a somewhat accepted military mission. The terrorist, as we know, was doing something different.

AAAS is just as politicized as the rest of the "science" community.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    One thing I really like about Grey Reef shark is their "lifting body" profile. Applying such design to a sub or airship and you get dynamic lift or buoyancy when sufficiently move trough fluid. Naval Group (formerly DCNS) do offer 1500 tonne submarine in similar design with very revolutionary concept of only needing 15 crew member to operate.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.