Shark Attack - What Is The Best Way To Survive This?

Discussion in 'Safety' started by joegirl, Jul 7, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Have you ever being attacked by a shark? What did you do to survive? If this has never happened to you, how do you think you can deal with a shark attack?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    No I have never been attacked by a shark, but I did have one circling me one time. Best way to avoid a shark attack is to STAY OUT OF THE WATER! The water is their domain, not ours.
    Keith.

3. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    This animal is the reason why I don't like the open sea. I would avoid as much as possible any way that I could end up in the animal's territory. I being in the open sea is unavoidable, I'm gonna make sure that I stay floating above the water.

4. DenisHero

DenisHero New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I havent been attacked by a shark,but I don't think you can survive an attack.
    Although shark attacks can be violent and brutal, it is important to know that sharks are not looking for constant humans to attack them. They are just animals that are subject to instincts, like any other animal, and when they see a moving target, they automatically think of a new source of food.
    So basically,humans are not on sharks' menu.

5. texsun54

texsun54 Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I have heard that if attacked you can punch them in nose and that can cause them to disengage from the attack. But I would not want to have to try that out.

6. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Yup, i heard the same thing. And just like you, i wouldn't want to test it in a real situation. I believe that a shark attack would be even worse than a bear or tiger attack. I mean on land there are a few things you can do to improve your odds like not showing your back and not showing fear. Now on the water? There is no way in hell you could outswim one of those.

7. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    I would love if there was a survivor from a shark-attack here. Please come forwards.
    I dont hold any statistics here but I would say for starters the risk of beeing attacked by a shark in the first place are so slim you will have to worry about being hit by lightning first, or atleast on the same level or not far from.

Edit:
    Wow, pretty far from acctually

https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/index.php/fish/isaf/what-are-odds/risks-comparison/

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017