Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by BigZirp, Jun 28, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BigZirp

BigZirp Expert Member
      178/230

Blog Posts:
    You have a weekend camping trip all planned. It has been planned for a couple weeks. As the weekend inches closer the forecast shows rain, rain, and more rain. Do you call it a wash and change plans? Do go and hunker down because a bad day of camping sure beats a great day at the office?
    Also what activities would you run for active kids other then cards and board games?

2. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    If it rains go swimming...you're not made of sugar, you won't dissolve. ;)

BigZirp likes this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you go swimming be real careful about getting sunburned. Clouds block the light but not the UV. The worst burn I ever got I was wade fishing under gray skies in a light drizzle. It is cool and easy to not notice it until you are a crispy critter. I like to fish in the rain during the summer as long as it isn't lightning. The fish will turn on sometimes on days like this. In East Texas in the summer you are no wetter fishing in the rain than sweating in the sunshine.

Kids love to play in the rain. Ignore it and the kids will find a mud hole to play in and be happy as a baby pig in a puddle. It may be a little odd but this could be a chance to make some remarkable memories.

Ken S LaTrans, Ystranc and BigZirp like this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Take raincoats, parkas, and tarps. Take stakes, paracord / guyline cord, tarp eyelet grommet grabbers, poles and such.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bundle-Pac...-Tent-Grommet-by-BAC-Industries-/291114060831

Kids don't melt. They DO stink however. Towels, changes of clothes, spare shoes or Crocs, outdoor shower (women will appreciate this), hygiene stuff, ... Females don't like feeling grubby and they want to bathe their kids. I can't stand the smell of children and I have little patience for them in the first place. Shampoo, bring shampoo.

https://www.vidaxl.com/e/8718475876557/camp-shower-solar-shower-outdoor-bath-10-gal-lqd

Activities: Just get the boys eye-goggles, the rest will simply happen. Girls? How would any guy know what to bring for girls? Bring a first aid kit; Providone Iodine surgical scrub, Kerlix gauze rolls, 4 x 4s, tape, butterfly closures. Some sort of burn cream, maybe with aloe -- no antibiotics needed in burn cream. Bring a jar of Vaseline.

I forgot to mention blankets. Guys will tolerate wool. Ask a woman about what the females will want ... don't argue.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    BigZirp likes this.
  5. BigZirp

BigZirp Expert Member
      178/230

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the laugh. Oh man....smelly kids! ....and i agree, i have been married for 15 years and im still clueless.... "yes dear" goes a long way. ;)

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends on the purpose of the trip and the extent of the rain, there is nothing worse than sitting in a small tent with the rain lashing down day after day after day.
    believe me, I've been there, done that.
    on the other hand, it might be worse staying at home and being nagged to paint the front room!!!;)

BigZirp likes this.
  7. BigZirp

BigZirp Expert Member
      178/230

Blog Posts:
    Good news the rain passed by and looks like its going to be nice after all!

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    go for it, have a good time.

BigZirp likes this.