Should You Also Plan How You'll Fight Boredom?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by John Snort, May 31, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Who would have thought this thread would be so pertinent now!

Libraries in rural areas around here only open certain days and certain hours and the content isn't that inspiring. Half the time I can't remember when so they're lost on me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have little time, interest, or respect for bored people and those dumb enough sufficient to declare and or so demonstrate.

I have had several experiences close and frightening enough to be happy in being bored....not frustrated...

I will find something to occupy....

Declaring how bored one is...is to me demonstrating stupidity......declaring ones dumbassedness.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Blitz
      A bored person, is a boring person.

Blitz, Apr 4, 2020
      watcherchris likes this.
  3. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Shelby Foote.....here here!!!

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Getting ready to build for someone with limited finances...an 11 meter..or CB band dipole antenna out of left over parts I have here in my garage. They are very simple to build as well as tune and once you see it you will laugh at how simple they are.
    I have built several of them for people before this.
    No more complex than the J-pole VHF/UHF antennas I also build.

KISS..principle..Keep It Simple Stupid..

It will keep me occupied for about two hours...or less.
    And it is a good feeling when complete and it works...

Ahhhhhh...that coffee is good....lemon cake too!!!!!!

Cooked up a good batch of sea trout in corn meal with corn and lima beans....succotash..
    Man oh man...was that good eating.

I love fish..like to both catch and eat them. Nothing boring about that.

I never tried fly fishing but it looks like a very graceful skill set....different kind of thinking and operating. I love watching a fly fisherman who knows what they are doing. Just hang around on the bank and watch them.
    To me a beautiful ballet.

Another interesting skill I've seen a handful of people around here do....calling game...particularly turkeys...

To be able to fool wild game into making themselves momentarily vulnerable....now that takes skill....,..even in fishing...not boring...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Boredom is not the problem. I have a thousand things I could do but not without leaving my "House Arrest". I do save all my unread books for a time without electricity or internet. For now, it is research and planning for the future that keeps my busy. To relax, I keep myself occupied with reloading. I will have to plan better for future resupply on reloading supplies. The deliver times are stretching out quite a bit now. It went from a week to two weeks and now is closer to three weeks. Even with trickle weighing every single charge, disconnecting the progressive function on the press and hand loading every single round, I will run out of supplies before the next order will arrive. I really did get surprised on the massive number of NEW gun owners and the huge backlog of anything related to shooting.