Singapore's Doomsday Preppers

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Pragmatist, Sep 2, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...de-minds-doomsday-preppers-singapore-13044932

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

I'm posting this here believing it's the best place. Article tells of Singapore ~ 150 Prepper Group and related.

I'd love to have a dwelling as neat and orderly as Samuel's. His room, pantry and storage room are inspitational.

Unstructured learning has been perfected in US public schools.

Add to BOB: body bags.

Singapore does have a Civil Defense Unit which accepts volunteers. They also have a Civil Defense museum.

I don't know the current exchange rate of the Singapore dollar. Ages ago it was about 2 S$ = 1 $US.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I wont read to much into it. His heart is in right place by prepping, however what I can see in that article I'm extremely certain he never actually test any of his prep in any realistic condition. His prep are too americanize and doesn't take consideration of local condition (example : use of solar panel and MRE).

In general I won't trust any singkek to came up with any viable prepping for themselves / family. The best they could do is hoarding supplies

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

For a non-professional Prepper, Samuel is doing AOK. He is set up not to be a welfare case / refugee. Teaching his son the principles of all this places Samuel in the 1% bracket of highest order of prep.

Am not familiar with "americanize". I believe American Preppers (real Preppers) are conversant re solar panels and MREs. I am an American and know to avoid MREs. What can be better than C-rat spaghetti cooked with C4 ?

"In general, one should not generalize" Anon.

Meanwhile, back at the Kris Club, Singapore Airlines,...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    The thing is, he did have his heart right (by preparing)m but when space is at premium, of which his situation is roughly similar to mine you will need commonality & simplicity in logistic, meaning using only materials that has been proven to work in the given situation.

Using solar power in tropical environment is pretty useless. There is a good reason why countries in South East Asia sticking to coal power or geothermal. I even forgo the use of solar power quite a while ago by going back burning dino juice

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Not all will be premium work at the non-professional level.

Valuable space is a minor aspect as long as Samuel and family are OK with situation.

He's a Prepper, with his son and wife "on board" the program. He attends the Singapore Prepper Group.

I'm sure the son will learn what's the ideal power source.

Seeking perfection within human endeavors yields the minimal along with stress.

OK, so the house looks a mess and not set up for entertaining. He's still at the top of the pile.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Max rigger

Max rigger Expert Member
      178/230

Blog Posts:
    1$S =$US 0.75. A very clean country, chewing gum is banned more or less https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewing_gum_ban_in_Singapore also has fantastic universal healthcare, top rated education system and pretty much the fastest internet infrastructure in the world. It has a lot going for it.