Sir Sean Connery / James Bond Is Gone

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 31, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

================IN MEMORIAM=============

Good morning all,

James Bond is gone.

I loved the "sardonic wit".

I loved the sex and exotic locations.

Note the article's "working class ... family and sheer hard work".

Ref the article's picture, would love to learn what tribe the kilt's material pattern represents.

RIP

cc: Miss Galore

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    WHAAAAAT...... :(:(:( He is the true 007, with Pierce Brosnan in the second place. I refuse to watch the rest. From what I've read, he was a real actor who was willing to go deep into his character and won't take a job when he believe he can't perform the part. FYi S. Connery refuse to portray Gandalf in Peter Jackson Lord of The Rings even after being offered quite generous offer simplyy because he doesn't understand the character

3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    To me, he was the U.K. John Wayne and that is very high praise indeed.

wally likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I knew not the man Sean.

Two things I know about him would give me reason to like him. Again, I knew not the man himself.

1. He considered Scotland a nation, a nation that the world should respect (at least the historic Scotland, not the current castrated Scotland).

2. He was one of the male actors who made bald headed men sexy to the ladies. Me sons are now as bald as their dad. Ah, the magic of testosterone ... especially in too high of quantity ... then there's the matter of bald headed men having a high rate of heart attacks. It was only quality Scotch whisky that got Sean to age 90.

It is two drams of Speyburn that are supporting me body as me soul doth write. I prefer the Islay, but the lads at Speyburn also know their fathers' generations craft. Fatal though me current condition is to many, me Scots ancestors' do keep me alive and fighting with their sacred art. Oh what pure and Holy Water of Life!

Infinite Grace be upon me ancestors, infinite praise be unto me Creator. If I am but a slave, know that my servitude is ONLY unto me Creator and no mortal, nor any system of man. I am God's servant, His alone. I bow not to any king, nor to any thing created of man. Should I fall in service to God, I will consider this the most grand reward.

I pray, God's blessings be upon this Sean -- even though I knew not the man. It would appear that in life, he tried. This is a thing that few in this era of damnation can claim.

5. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    ah yes many a movie behind him as he passes over to the next life RIP....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    He was a man's man.

Even if he had some marital issues that can be shelved aside due to the era. It was a different time back then and woman couldn't even have a damn credit card! $^#!@ stupid!

Every weekend I used to rent a couple James bond movies from the movie rental store. It was James Bond that sparked my interest in all things espionage and I wanted to be a field agent in the CIA or work for the Secret Service. I read numerous books on the subject and still do. Going to the CIA's website you learn right away that what they are looking for is world class educated talent. Especially at the NSA where I've read they are the world's number one employer of mathematicians.

The town I live in now is where Ian Fleming used to live. How cool is that?

The creator of the Boy Scouts was also a British spy. His name was Robert Baden-Powell.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning F22,

To clarify for other Forum Members,

The NSA - National Security Agency is a component of the Defense Department. It is not under the Director of Central Intelligence, the chief of CIA. It is under the Director of National Intelligence.

Circa 2004, due to the culmulations of some big "scandals", the Director of Central Intelligence was lowered in the hierarchy. The new cabinet position became the Director of National Intelligence.

TMT Tactical likes this.