Skinning & Butchering Game.

Discussion in 'Hunting / Fishing / Trapping' started by Keith H., Aug 8, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    This is a very good skill to have you would be surprised if you knew how many people that hunt that can't clean the game they kill

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Great job on the guts and the lights. Great instructional video.

How do you avoid getting that woolly hair from getting on the meat?! Is that not a trick with sheep? Never dressed a sheep. Seemed to give you no problem at all. Squirrel and other game are a royal pain when skinning to avoid getting the hair on the meat. If hair gets on the sheep's muscle fascia, is there a method for removing it? On a squirrel, this fascia is as sticky as some types of glue!

Loved hearing all of the bird calls in the video's background audio! Strange sounding birds you all have.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes I probably would be, my wife is for ever telling me that I take other peoples ability to do things too much for granted. Some of the videos I made I never would have thought of making if I had not been asked to make them.
    Keith.

5. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    No I don't have any special trick or method, I dress all larger game much the same way. Just lucky I guess & Having one of my sons to hold for me helps a lot. I have never done a squirrel, a pretty fiddly job I would imagine. I have a bucket of water close by just in case I need to wash the meat, but it went well so no need.
    Yes I love the sound of the birds, it took me a while to get used to the different sounds when I first came here, but now it just seems natural.
    Keith.