Sleep Sounds For Calm Sleep

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by overcast, Jul 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    These days I am struggling with the sleep. And for this reason I am making use of the apps. I also watch some of the calm sleep sound videos on the YouTube. Though it's hard to get the sleep in some cases where sounds really have no effect. In that case I make use of the whale sounds and sometimes bell etc. So it depends on my minds condition.

Do you use sleep sounds or listen to any during the night before sleep?

2. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I also have trouble sleeping sometimes. What I do is, I watch movies while I'm in bed lying. I don't know what happens but eventually I'll just feel that my eyes are beginning to close. It works everytime. You can also listen to slow and beautiful music like acoustic or love songs.

3. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I have found listening to very soft ASMR videos has a good effect. I don't really listen to them before going to bed, but on the rare occasion when I do a catnap, it works wonders. Youtube has a bunch of great ones.

4. Josh_Justsaihi

Josh_Justsaihi New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Try this eating sound

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    For me, this video/audio of the barefoot beauty does not provoke any desire for sleep. I am old. I am not dead.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    If you can't sleep a good technique for improving your ability to drift off and sleep more deeply is to tailor the light that you're exposed to in the hour before sleep. Cut out all bright or the ultraviolet part of the spectrum. TV and tech like phones, computers and tablets are really bad for sleep, they give off a lot of blue spectrum light which fools you're body into thinking its morning.
    ASMR has no noticeable effect on me, until other people described its effects on them I'd written it off as hype. Obviously it works better for some than it does for others.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I run a fan year around. The soft whirring of the fan smoothes out the sounds and makes it easier for me to sleep.

On a side note, white noise can cause you to hear things. Your mind tries to make order out of chaos and in that process can make you hear things that aren't there.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The 24/7 sounds running in my head are called tinnitus.

Richard Earley and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am fixing to log out and head out to my tent to sleep . I can lay there and listen to the night critters and the water from a nearby stream cascading over rocks .

TMT Tactical and Ystranc like this.
  10. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Yep, I totally get that. Natural night time noises help me sleep as long as there aren't any sounds that I can't place or don't recognise, I must hear them on a subconscious level because they wake me and put me on guard. I prefer to wake to birdsong and dawn daylight. This time of year that is around 5:30 am.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    never had any trouble sleeping, I can sleep anywhere and anytime.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    People can adapt their sleep pattern revolved around a survival situation . In Nam I slept extremely light , being aware of what was happening around me ,in case Charlie crept up to slit my throat . I kept a bayonet by my head for close work , a loaded M16 cuddled under my arm and a live handgrenade . Many nights I went from sleep into a defensive posture instantly as we went under attack . I would actually began to worry if we didn't get attacked because that was a daily event and I would be wondering what was Charlie up to now . When I got back to the world and eventually got married , my young bride caught hell trying to sleep with someone that was still sleeping in combat mode . Reaction time was the difference between living and dying .It took many years for me to be able to eventually sleep in a non combat mode . As a prepper / survivalist site I thought I would point this out for those that have never been in a similar situation .

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    many people will have their sleep patterns interrupted Post SHTF due to the stress of the situation, its how one handles the stress that's important.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    I have that to..I call it the sound of freedom..

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

When I joined the USAF....and we were still in Vietnam...from time to time at stateside bases we would have all night duty in what was called Charge of Quarters duty. One of our duties in addition to making nightly rounds...was the wake up roster.

We were instructed to be very very careful how we woke up some people on our list as many had been in Vietnam at bases wherein it was not that secure..combat enviornments ...and slept lightly and if you woke them up in a certain manner....they would come up fighting.

I still remember that instruction to this day......

Good thing to know about waking up certain people.

I remember some guys who had the stare.....

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I worked graveyard shifts for years and years and years..preferred it...11pm to 7am. Less people, less traffic, and less chiefs too.

When home..I would often unplug my phone or turn the ringer down...low and just let the machine take the calls.
    Torques my jaws like a set of vice grip pliers to be awakened by someone phone selling stuff.

Too many people out there who think everyone works days and don't think that some people do not follow the herd by choice.

I would put a fan running in my room.....

Also at my home ...if you come to the front door you are selling something...I don't want to answer..

If you know me you come to the back door...not the front. I am not that' social by choice. And if you come to the back door it had better be important...

Went out with a fellow to the woods hunting ...it was so quiet...it took some getting used to..for a couple of days until I adjusted. Then it was nice....the quiet.

Never been much of a daywalker by choice.

Thanks
    Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    During m junior year in high school, I spent a couple of months in Oak knoll naval hospital (military brat - football knee injury). There was an old time marine Sargent that had been wounded in Viet Nam. The orderlies, learned to wake him from a distance. He would come awake fighting.

watcherchris likes this.