Slingshot In Urban Warfare

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Corzhens, Jul 18, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    There was a time when I was student that I witnessed street fighting of gangs. I was riding in a jeepney, that’s like a small bus, and it was a traffic stop. Suddenly there were some guys running, maybe 3 or 4. They were being chased by the same number of guys with slingshots in their hands. Fortunately, the scene did not last long when the traffic light changed to green. But that scene was the topic of the passengers and the driver as well. I learned from them that the slingshot is being used in urban warfare by such gangs. The slingshot uses extra stretchable rubber for more power. And the ammo is a pointed metal. A 4-inch nail can be used. A tail is attached to the ammo so it can have a better trajectory. Until now, I vividly remember that gang war in the street and I imagine that the dart made of nail could maim the enemy.

2. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes the weapon is called a Pana here is one I make.

3. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    Sine darts are even made with bird feathers as fletching.

4. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    I hunt with a big bore blow gun you can kill deer hog goats all kinds of big game with the right dart and a heart shot Tim Wells has taken a lot if game with his.

5. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Ive killed many rabbits, birds and a hare with slingshots. It's good fun to go hunting with. When I was a young lad I didn't really allways ask the landowners permission and the slingshot is perfect for poaching. Fit's in ones pocket perfectly.
    I wouldn't do it when I'm hungry though. Same with pellet rifles. I have a repeating pcp-rifle, UK FAC, and that also is fun hunting. Great to take pidgeons in the barn and stuff. Within 30 steps. I needs a scuba tank or a pump, you change the seals quite often since they dry out and the pressure is wearing it's toll also.

In a SHTF scenario, snaring, trapping and powderburners is the only option.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Steel ball-bearings fired from wrist-rockets can bust car windows and can kill if head shot accuracy can be learned.

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we also have a smaller population in the UK-65 million, 80% of which live in big cities and urban centres, most are anti gun and anti hunting, very few grow their own food and most have less than 1 weeks food in the house at any time, being pc is okay but it dosent put food in their bellies. 90% will be dead in a couple of months.

8. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Throwing a rock, if accurate, could kill just about anything.

Ive been looking at Joergs channal and acctually had a bit of contact with him outside youtube, my oldest was obsessed with slingshots for a while.

But hey, this is not practical application. This is entertainment. Same with that Hayes card-splitting thing on youtube. If it was as good as you are made to beleive, it would be standard hog-hunting equipment. Now you do as you please and I wish you the best of luck, and you will need that, luck.

Ive hunted and killed many rabbits, as I have said, but not nearly as many as I have missed. Now this might be because I am the worst shot ever. But please, understand, you are not gonna reinvent the wheel and keep your family or even yourself alive for very long with a slingshot. If you have the time to spend in a survival situation, to go and try and get game on the table with a slingshot, why dont you just start looking for carcasses down a road or start a daisy plantation to attract deer.

Before zie nazis getz here.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  9. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
  10. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    Copy KIMG0548.jpg h127t.jpg post-6475-0-23910600-1496018725_thumb.jpg 1222131710.jpg 8724-a4c545942227a801b80948df38304593.jpg 8724-a4c545942227a801b80948df38304593.jpg IMG950246_2.jpg post-6475-0-55935400-1422750910_thumb.jpg post-6475-0-43307100-1496019168_thumb.jpg post-6475-0-43307100-1496019168_thumb.jpg IMG953404.jpg I hunt with a sling shot all of the time and do better than most that use a gun

Attached Files:

Old Geezer likes this.
  11. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
  12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Whereas one can find seriously quiet subsonic ammo, truly quiet weapons, non firearms, have their place. In dangerous times, often not announcing one's actions is the best policy. The slingbow demonstrated by Bishop is not only quiet, it also takes up no space and thus can be easily concealed. For larger game there is the compound bow with string silencing devices.

All this reminds me that I need to purchase some arrows for my bow.

13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I know that you live in Devonshire and that there is no shortage of agriculture therein, not to mention the fishing industry, and the Dartmoor national park. Still, you are painfully aware that you are living in a country where the cities could during hard-times disgorge into the countryside. People on holiday head for Devon for the camping and the hiking, so in hard times they'll say, "Let's get out of here, maybe we can make it in Devon." However irrational, city folk will do such things, especially in a panic. And speaking of panic, people will do anything to take care of their kids to include stealing using violence.

Have you thought about Canada as a bug-out country? The USA is getting totally crazy, or I'd recommend my own country. The USA is headed towards Civil War part II.

14. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    I

It all depends on what type of bands you use the fastest hands will make a Rick break like a pitcher throwing a fast ball slow your bands down use a big rock take game with it.

15. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
  16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    unlike the population of America, British people in the 21st century don't have a history of homesteading and are for the most part scared of the countryside, oh I don't mean a camp site on the coast or a holiday park-I mean the REAL countryside where there isn't a supermarket on every corner and coffee to go.

17. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    OK, so that is soooooo sad. Sorry to hear of it.

During a SHTF situation, I bet you are right, most all urbanites will be goners in just a few weeks. And should aircraft bring in food, the hoards will tear each other apart for first grabs. Only monsters will survive in densely-populated areas. The latter will have to be dealt-with.

This will be much the same in America's megalopolises. In a SHTF scenario, Chicago will self-destruct in a heart-beat. Shoot, it's doing so now!

I'd hate to be a city cop in Britain when it hits the fan. People in uniform just might as well desert -- won't be able to do much good; might as well look after their own families. What reason is there in protecting sheeple and monsters?

18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    within a space of 18months to 2 years we wont see a cop in the rural areas, i'm talking about now not after SHTF, in Britain, they are closing all the rural police stations in the small towns and the only place you will find a cop will be the cities, hell I haven't seen a cop to speak to since I left Plymouth in 1999, and the only cops I have seen have been in their cars out on the road, a foot patrol dosent exist again outside of a city.
    the excuse for this is "budget cuts", everything is being cut to the bone including health services. our "local" hospital(10 miles away) is being closed and our nearest Accident and Emergency hospital is over 30 miles away, for some parts of the area this increases to 50 miles each way.

19. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
  20. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Personally I think that the more weapons that you are at least competent with the better off you will be. Survival is mostly about adapting to whatever situation you find yourself in. A full auto M-16 didn't mean squat to the Montagnards in Vietnam and Cambodia. those people with their homemade crossbows were feared by ALL. A machine gun is useless when you have a crossbow bolt run all the way through you and never saw the SOB that fired it at you.

Placing too much of your trust in one type of weapon blinds you to the possibilities of the other weapons. I could easily kill a man or deer with a sling bow or even just a slingshot. Goliath thought David looked pretty silly with his little sling... I have worked hard most of my life to become a dangerous man. That isn't dependent on ANY specific weapon. My best friend is a retired Navy seal and he doesn't need anything to be a serious problem for any man. . He killed a 300 lb hog with a throwing ax!!

I had a friend in Nam that had a chopper shot out from under him by a pissed off farmer with a 2 bore muzzle loader. Some dummy in an American chopper had shot up his water buffalo and he took it VERY personally.

21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    My paternal grandfather used to shoot small game driving mountain roads coming back from work. He used a 32-20, then a .32 Long Colt. This was at night, so he always had a spotlight.

22. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for this information. We do not get this sort of information about G.Britain (or much of any other country) here in the States. One must speak with people online, coming here for work, or visiting.

Most Americans are utterly oblivious to the rest of the world ... or to the rest of their own country, for that matter -- fat, dumb, and unhappy. Americans are in for some serious wake-up calls, both from natural disasters and from our foreign enemies.

lonewolf likes this.
  23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    not just Americans that are in for a serious wake up call, most Brits are totally oblivious to possible dangers that could damage nations infrastructure, if a nation totally relies on technology for everything then when that technology fails they fail with it.
    but try telling that to anyone, normalcy bias is rife in this country.