Slow Scrolling ...

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by CivilDefense, Jul 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Something has changed on the board in such a manner that it seems scrolling through a thread is slow and at times unresponsive. I typically post from a very high end, custom built workstation, so I doubt it is a "horse power" issue on the client-side. I've also noted it on my MacBook Air. It may be related to a slow loading advertisement, I'm not sure.

It is certainly not a "show stopper", I just thought I'd pass it along in the event something technology-wise was being flaky. Thank you.

2. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I think the rise in activity here is a place to look with mor here useing site it makes system work harder to keep info in order but i know little on how this works

3. CivilDefense

235/345

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the note. One other thing I will pass along; I just had a thread hang on load for an eternity. When it did finally process, there was an advertisement for Pemican at the bottom. Hit reload and same behavior. I think clicked on another thread, no load issue, but it was a different ad (at the top and not the same offering). So maybe there is some rhyme or reason to it.

Anyway, it is not a big deal. I just thought I'd note it in case it helps out. Thanks much.

4. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    Let me know if it gets worse or better. We are in the process of upgrading a lot of stuff from a technical end here on the forum server.

5. CivilDefense

235/345

Blog Posts:
    Roger that. I'll try it on various devices and let you know. Right now it seems hit and miss, so no big thing. But with all things technical, I figure it is better to note it than not.

Thanks much.

branchd77 likes this.