Small Town (or Similar) Community Planning?

Discussion in 'Other DIY' started by CivilDefense, Jul 7, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    So I have been reading a fascinating little book entitled Preparing for a Suburban or Rural Community, by Michael Mabee. It is about establishing in a small community, or similar, a viable civil defense apparatus for the eventually of a serious disruption or outright collapse of society. It covers all the basics one would expect (e.g., provisions, energy, medical, legal, security, etc.), but also the legal machinery to set up before a catastrophe. It sort of reminds me of a more inclusive system than the old "local chapters" of the American Civil Defense Association.

Have you considered taking part in such an activity? Do you think it would work in your community? If so, why, if not, why not? If you were approached to be included in such planning, would you or not? What role would you play in such a community?

Thanks for sharing!

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    because most people are not survivalists and are "normal" people and will do nothing until something happens, by which time as we all know its far too late to start.