"sodium Care" Ramen Noodles

Discussion in 'Modern Cooking' started by Pragmatist, Sep 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Sodium instant noodle is always far better than NONE

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    One'a my sons swears by these noodles. Seems sad to me.

Sgt.Major, teacher of mine, swore by rice and having some bouillon cubes in your pocket. Seemed sad to me.

When push comes to shove, who cares about one's long-term health?! You're just trying to make it out the week.

I routinely eat and drink all manner of things that are likely killing me. So what?

Wisdom instructs that this world is not somewhere one wishes to exist but for this day and maybe the next. We all die horribly. Seen too much of that.

Where's my sodium?! Somebody bring me a shaker of salt!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

I used this actual philosophy in Vietnam in re smoking cigarettes.

They will NOT harm one's health if one allocates no more that 1 month of life left. This is the time line I used.

Surgeon General Terry was WRONG that cigarette smoking was harmful. It was the outrageous rules of engagement that were harmful.

Time for a smoke break .............. (Lucky Strikes)

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I usually dress up these noodles when I make them..add all kinds of stuff....

But I pour out most of the juice....before I eat the noodles and whatever else I put in them.

It is my way.

One thing about these noodles..they have a pretty good shelf life..though I do get tired of them in like manner to how I tire of Pizza.

But.......

It is better than hunger...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchrisa

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I stir in an egg or two so I don't waste any of the nutrients in the liquid.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    We add fresh rotisserie chicken to our mix. I do dump a small portion of the liquid, to minimize spilling. The serving bowls are just a tad bit too shallow.

watcherchris likes this.
  8. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I eat right out of the pot since it's something I usually have when my wife's not here or when I just want a quick snack. ;)

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  9. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah...quick...is the key.

I too put chicken or even hot dogs and vegetables in them.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    None of us are going to get out of this world alive!!! I have watched so many people fret and worry and watched everything that they ate closely and then watched them DIE. I am not a worrier. The men in my family don't live all that long. 70 is about the max and most that lived that long died in nursing homes. I am 67 and am already past what I expected as my expiration date. Some of the men in my family watched their diets, kept their weight down, and exercised regularly...and they died in their late 50s and early 60s. Modern medicine can extend it somewhat but in the end, we wear out and die. I have no interest in a long life of misery.

I don't like salt and never have. To me, salt is bitter and ruins whatever you put it on. I can deal with a little that is cooked in various things but will always grab a low or no salt version if it is available. When I was a kid my blood pressure was consistently 180/90. That was just my norm. I don't know how many physicals that I took and had to go and sit outside for a little while to get it down so I could pass the physical. Diet made no difference. I decided a long time ago to LIVE and that every day was a good day to die. Enjoy your time on this world and don't allow death to intrude. Live every day like it is your last and die with as few regrets as possible.

1. Dalewick
      Live every day like it is your last and die with as few regrets as possible.

YES!!!!

Dalewick, Sep 8, 2020
  11. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I pretty much survived on Ramen noodles and rice from 83' to 86", they are light weight, can take being crushed and can be mixed with all kinds of wild meats and veggies. Or with the freeze dried MRE meats at that time. I carried 1 Ramen pack and 1 cup of rice (dry) for every day we planned for a patrol and then added a week. Cooked the ramen in my mess/canteen cup and usually cooked the rice in a piece of bamboo. I also carried a spice kit for variety with hot sauce, red pepper, cajun spice and some bacon bits (everything is better with bacon). One meal of the day and one at night (usually at about 3 in the AM). It kept us going. When we were just training we would buy food local when possible. When operational you ate what we had or found. If we happened to find a chicken, that was good too.

Dale

12. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I've told several Veterans Administration doctors," I've lived my life on my terms and I'll die by them as well." I always enjoy watching there faces when I tell them that. The young ones and older ones that have no military/combat experience, don't understand. Being at peace with the Reaper gives life flavor.

Dale

694fb33df1657b8474798aba043c2872.jpg

13076933_1007930879289245_6681361622005929386_n.jpg

Tecumseh said it better than I ever could.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This thread made me think about the Ramen noodles. LOL, I just had some for a midnight snack. Over the years what is good for you to eat and what is bad for you to eat has changed constantly. It is more like a fad than any actual medical knowledge. I remember when eggs were going to kill us ALL with cholesterol. After a few years that faded out when they figured out that your body MAKES the cholesterol and you don't absorb it from what you eat. I stopped paying any attention to the fad diets and constant warnings that change from year to year a long time ago. The good news to me is that I am NOT going to die in a damn nursing home.

PS: I love the look on a Doctors face when I tell them a flat NO when they want to do a bunch of stupid tests that I see no reason for. I had one doc tell me that I could die without the tests. I grinned and ask him, "And you don't think you are going to die. All your tests will do is when you are done you will either tell me that I am fine and the tests were a waste of my time or you will tell me that I am going to die. I already know that I am going to die and am not interested in a blow by blow as it happens." That was over five years ago.

I have no fear of death. For me it will be like going into the arms of an old lover.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  14. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    As long you quickly slain the chicken your good to go. Otherwise the damn chicken going to make a hell a lot of noise. Duck also good option, but they typically have their human handler nearby

1. Dalewick
      I always carried a piece or two of fine piano wire. Pop the head off of chickens, monitors, whatever very quick. Noise and light discipline were always important. Still are when I'm in the woods. Had to grab the chicken and hold it until it was done trying to flop. Birds always surprise me with being able to move so much without there heads. LOL!

Dalewick, Sep 8, 2020
  15. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    All things in moderation. I only eat Ramen noodles once every two weeks or so. The excess sodium has not shown up in any of my blood work, and I am not that careful about what I eat. I do try to hydrate often, so maybe that washes it out. Again, limit the intake.

The only thing I have eliminated from my diet because of the sodium content was V-8, which I love. I was astonished at how much sodium was in it.

16. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I verily love a V8 juice as well Morgan.

As I get older I don't fear or concern about death as I did in my younger years. Also my circle of friends has been thinned out by time itself....and thus made me aware of my mortality.

I dont scare or become affrighted as when I was young as well. Mind you now...that does not mean reckless. I think deeper and more carefully by training now days when taking on a difficult or particularly dangerous task..not so much from fear...but from experience and or training...knowledge.

Loaded another 102 rounds of .308 Winchester ammo last night out in my garage. This brings my total to 202 rounds loaded....for this Ruger Precision Rifle.

I have one more bag of 50 rounds of new brass..to reload.

168 grain Hornady A max bullets....IMR 4064 powder to about 2600 FPS on the charts. Winchester large rifle primers.

Studying the links/sites for AR 10 rifles and also M1A rifles.

Leaning towards the M1A as I have two Mossberg bolt action Patrol rifles in .308 and they will take the M14 magazines as well as the P Mags. Commonality in equipment interchangeability.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Dalewick, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
    1. Dalewick
      I have both. You might want to check out accuracy, especially with multiple rounds. The M1A holds a great pattern, but they always shift left for some reason. Within 200 meters it's no problem but if you move on out to 500 meters and beyond it can become a real issue. I learned on the M21 system so the heart wants what the heart wants and it has a spot in my heart, but if I was strictly going for performance. It would be the AR10. Just a recommendation.

Dalewick, Sep 8, 2020