Solar phone/ charger to the rescue

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by remnant, Jun 9, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    In this era where communication can mean life or death, its not easy to survive without a phone to keep in contact with your loved ones and those who matter in case you get lost. The problem of power is obvious since your phone battery will likely run low in a matter of time. A solar charger or a solar powered mobile phone would come to the rescue here. Anyone who knows of such brands in the market?

hollowgirl likes this.
  2. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    I know someone with a Samsung galaxy S5 solar case. It has 3800 mAh of capacity, the cover material is made from PVC and the Solar Charging rate is around 380mA, that means it will take approximately 4 to 5 hours to fully recharge the solar case battery.

cluckeyo likes this.
  3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Your maths seems a bit wonky there! ten hours in theory twelve hours in reality!
    3800 divide by 380 = 10 hours! plus charging loss's!

4. hollowgirl

hollowgirl Administrator Gold Supporter
      85/99

Blog Posts:
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I keep a mobile phone for emergencies ONLY, its not used for any other purpose, consequently it stays in my pocket most of the time, I take it out once a month to see if it needs charging, it dosent usually.

6. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Ok grid down world gone to hell. YOUR PHONE IS USELESS THINK PEOPLE ALL THE GADGETS YOU LOVE CELL PHONE COMPUTER ARE NOT GOING TO WORK

lonewolf likes this.