Some Disaster Survivor Comments

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 25, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am really beginning to distrust the term "Scientist" Too much of their publication are based on guestimation and not on proven facts. Maybe we should refer to them as educated guessers. They guess at they oceans temperatures, since there is no documentation notating any temperature recordings. I seem to remember from school, there was also an Ice Age, soo maybe teh oceans were actually a bit colder. I also noted they failed to mention the lack of forest maintenance and brush clearing but again blamed things on climate warming. if these educated guessers spout the magic words "Climate Change" their articles get published and the grant money keeps rolling in.

3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TMT Tactical,

My method is, when necessary, to use the adjective "real" ....... like in "REAL scientist", "REAL professor",...

Since we lost George Orwell in 1950, we have much extra work to do.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think we need scientists we can see things happening all by ourselves, look at the Amazon rainforest for instance, the rainforest has always been referred to as "the lungs of the planet" now great chunks of those lungs have been felled and cleared reducing the amount of carbon that the trees can absorb, that has an ongoing effect on the climate, whether someone believes it or not.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I lived and hunted in a rainforest for 35 years. They used clear cutting practices due to the heavy winds. Ten years later you couldn't tell, at a distance, that it had been logged. Fifty years later it was ready to log again. The Russians logged in Alaska. Some of those areas have been logged a couple of times. We purchased Alaska in 1867.
    Small plants start growing and feed the deer. Trees spring up and take over in a few years. If you don't log then forest fires or wind storms do the job. California is having fires because of non management practices. Homes are being lost and people are dying.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the Amazon is being felled using slash and burn methods, huge swathes of the forest have gone to make way for huge cattle ranches.
    forests have been felled to make way for palm oil plantations depriving orangutans of their habitat.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Just a little clarification, Lonewolf. Deforestation of the Amazon rainforest is a problem, no doubt. Brazil is aware of it, and they are trying to get cross border cooperation to make changes. While still a problem, the rate of deforestation has slowed over the past 10 years. Cattle ranching is the biggest culprit; accounting for 70%, but gold mining and timber poaching, taking trees illegally, are also culprits.

Palm oil plantations are a problem in Borneo and Sumatra, which is the habitat of the orangutan. Palm oil is used in a myriad of consumer products, and unless there is a public hue and cry to stop using it, the people who produce it will continue to do so with a basic disregard for the environment.

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree with what you say Morgan.
    I didn't ask for palm oil to be put in my food and where possible we try to buy alternatives that don't have palm oil in it.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.