Some Hurricane Prep Video Scenes

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 5, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.wnky.com/living-well-emergency-preparedness/

Good morning all,

Per ...

The combination of "living well" and "emergency prep" is surely related to that wooden bow tie.

I nearly missed it in a video picture of prep lists but did read it clearly enough to mention something here. A prep list tells to "Turn off propane tanks".

I've read of regional differences as to turning off fuel tanks. One governing philosophy was that after the evacuation and the return home, there's a requirement for tank and appliances to be "reconnected" by qualified personnel - and there are too few qualified personnel.

Regardless, follow the guidance of your area's authorities if given.

Now, to check the catalogs for wooden bow ties !

2. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    If people are smart enough to know how to relight the pilot lights, there's no need for any "professionals" if all they did was shut off the valve at the tank.

Most propane appliances now don't use pilot lights so that thinking is a little outdated.

It's better to turn them off if there's a risk of flooding.

3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Snyper,

I was referring to county / municipal ordinances that requires adherence to the regulation.

Do note that this area isn't that modern; there are enough appliances around here with pilot lights.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    If you don't tell them you turned it off, how would they know?

5. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    https://www.propane101.com/leaktest.htm

Our propane suppliers (both) follow those rules, it's required under "National Fuel Gas Code (NFPA 54)" as I understand it. That said, I shut off the valve at our tanks whenever we aren't going to be using it for a couple days or more and turn them back on and relight the pilots on the non-electronic ignition appliances as needed, without notifying them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Snyper,

97% of the time, no one would know.

If a fire or a forest fire ...
    Informants
    Hateful persons reporting correct or falsified info to authorities
    How did the disabled person cook prior to the caregiver arriving 4 days later ?
    Etc.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm not seeing how any of that proves someone cut it off then cut it back on.

8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Snyper,

A forest fire is investigated.

Levels of "proof" vary. Remember this is administrative, not the old Perry Mason trial rules.

TMT Tactical likes this.